Monday, May 30, 2022

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, fell back asleep quickly, finally being awakened by my alarm at 7am. That’s a good night’s sleep for me.

The plan is after I have breakfast with Glenn, I will call Teresa and she’ll meet me in the porteria, and we’ll go on to Pricesmart.

I left the apt at 8:15 and my Didi driver, Fredy, spoke perfect English. He worked for 18 years in New Jersey and is now retired here with an apt by Collegio Teresita. Traffic, with parking on both sides of the street, was heavy near EAFIT university as it was a voting location. (I understand if not one of the 3 running receives 50% of the vote, then there will be a runoff for the top two next month.) We had a nice conversation on the way to Sweet Georgia Café. When I got out, there were a couple girls standing outside and the waitresses told me they wouldn’t be open for 40 minutes. I prepared to inform Glenn via Whatsapp when I found he had already been there and had moved on to Sere. I walked about 4 blocks to Sere and it was good he was already there as it was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. We could barely talk it was so noisy. (Behind me was a man at one table talking to a lady at the next table which didn’t help the volume at all.) Glenn had their French toast and I had their Greek yogurt with granola and fruit. With our coffees, the total came to 60mil.

We moved across the street to the original Hija Mia for another coffee where it was very quiet and we could actually have a conversation. His issue after his TURP surgery is frequent urination so he tends to stay in his apt. I’m sure it will improve with time.

Teresa called me right after I left Hija Mia in a Didi to inform me she just took her cancer medicine and now she was tired. I said, “fine, we’ll go to Pricesmart later”. My driver was aware of the traffic near EAFIT and took the expressway back to Envigado.

Teresa asked me to look outside and I saw a line of cars on our street. We decided because of today’s election we will go to Pricesmart tomorrow.

I forgot to mention the portero dropped off the tax bill for the finca last night. Teresa informed me I won’t have to pay it anymore; it’s for the new owners although she will have to wait until the end of June for their 2nd payment.

When we were leaving El Correo last night we passed another restaurant where someone had a small dog that looked like a small husky. I was surprised that Teresa said she could accept a dog like that. She said, “they eat less, poop less, etc.”. 😊

I looked at Pomeranian photos and they look similar to the dog we saw last night. Now we’re considering getting one but: 1. We’ll wait until after September when I’m healthier and we’ve had our trip to Punta Cana; 2. We need to explore where we can get the breed we want here in Medellin.

On my way to Parva I noticed the side street was full of parked cars, there was no construction being done on the side street, and once I rounded the corner I saw that the high school (Collegio San Marcos) was a voting station.

I bought 2 postres de arequipe y queso, one to have with my coffee and one to go. I left about 90 minutes later.

Uvalde shooting: The cowards in Stetsons (msn.com)

They say the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, yet police waited over an hour in a hallway while the killer was free to kill. Cowards, all of them! Air travel is very safe because every time there is a crash they investigate and fix the problem. Why, when there is a mass killing, can’t a single step be taken toward correcting the problem? In time there would be a lot less killings. US students should protest by walking out of their classrooms and not returning until congress passes some legislation toward fixing the problem. Yes, I’m angry!

I just saw on 60 Minutes the damage a AR16 bullet does to a human body and now I’m even angrier.

I wasted at least 30 minutes trying to order from McDonald’s using the iFood app. Again, it doesn’t accept my debit card and this time it wouldn’t switch so I can pay in cash. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. I think I’m going to have to go there to figure this out.

Well, Petro won only 40% of the vote so there will be a runoff (if that’s the correct term) between him and Rodolfo Hernandez on June 19th. Federico Gutierrez has been eliminated from the race.

About my chamomile tea. Each morning I have Teresa boil a cup of water while she’s making breakfast. I make up the tea, add a spoonful of sugar and a few drops of lemon, stir it well and put it in the fridge. Later I drink it as iced tea. Much better that way.

Teresa was so tired she got ready for bed instead of watching her usual 9:30 Sunday program, Septimo Dia.

 

 

Russian Joke

 

5 out of 6 scientists in Moscow agree that Russian Roulette is safe.


2 comments:

  1. Terry, I am also very angry. I am a fifth generation Texan. I was proud of that for many years. I have not been for years now. The government at the state level is an embarrassment to any intelligent, caring, thoughtful Texan. Our two US Senators are laughingstocks whose brain cells have not properly functioned in years. If you have millions to donate to them, they are your best pals Otherwise you are just one of the flock of sheep to be sheared and herded to the slaughter house that corporations profit from.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete