Sunday, May 22, 2022

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, had no problem falling back asleep and woke/got up at 6:30.

Received a text from Laura’s friend Galo suggesting that he pick up his carryon tonight so I suggested 7pm. (We might go out for dinner tonight if it’s not raining.)

I left the apt at 9 and took a Didi to the mall. I bought a box of 30 Zopiclona at CaFam for 30,400 compared to the 13,000 I paid last time in Todo Drogas. I printed a new summary page of my pensions for my files. I picked up a Gente newspaper and recycled a plastic bottle.

In the banking area my Charles Schwab debit card was declined in Davivienda with the message, “Transaccion con problemas. Intente luego” which I interpret as “problem transaction. Try again later”. In Scotiabank Colpatria I received the message, “transacccion negada. Contacte su entidad”, or “transaction denied. Contact your bank”. Lastly, I tried Servibanca and it didn’t work their either. Not having much cash on me certainly limited the errands I wanted to run.

I had coffee in Todo Fresa and made arrangements to meet Galo in the porteria at noon to return his carryon.

Glenn doesn’t want to travel far from home so tomorrow we’re going to meet in Ganso y Castor in La Buena Mesa at 8:30am.

I purchased a large carton of eggs, bottle of vanilla extract and a bag of milk in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

Strangely, it looks like something happened to my USB drive. All my files are gone and a single large strange file is in its place and I can’t delete it.

It started raining about 4pm. The Weather Channel predicts storms should be over by 5:30. We were planning on going to dinner tonight at El Correo if it isn’t raining.

Well, soon we had a downpour, and it didn’t end until 5:15 so now Teresa says it’s too cold to go out. About 6:30 she decided she wanted to order from McDonald’s. I had to restart my cellphone before the iFood app would work. As usual they estimated 55-65 minutes for delivery but it arrived in 30 minutes, by bicycle. I gave the muchacho a nice tip in addition to the delivery charge he must get. (I forgot to add a slice of cheese to Teresa’s chicken sandwich, my bad.)

 

Putin Joke

President Putin and his driver were on their way to Kyiv in a car when all of a sudden they hit a pig near a farmhouse, killing it instantly.

Putin told his driver to go up to the farmhouse and explain to the owners what had happened. About one hour later Putin sees his driver staggering back to the car with a bottle of Horilka (Ukrainian vodka) in one hand, a cigar in the other and his clothes all ripped and torn.

"What happened to you?" asked Putin.

"Well, the farmer gave me the Horilka, his wife gave me a box of cigars and their 19-year-old and 21-year-old daughters made mad passionate love to me simultaneously.

"My God, what did you tell them?" asks Putin.

The driver replies, "I'm president Putin’s driver, and I just killed the pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment