Monday, May 16, 2022

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night (I’m sure it was all the Coke I drank at the movie theater), again at 5am (outside it was raining) and woke/got up at 7am. No longer raining and The Weather Channel doesn’t predict any rain (next 7 hours anyway). Between 5am and 7am I had my short recurring dream about college. It appears to be about the first day of classes and I’m heading to my dorm.

Just after 8am I ordered a Didi car but by following his arrival on my app he seemed to get lost. What was estimated to be a 9-minute trip took at least 20 minutes. After he picked me up I saw him looking at his phone’s GPS sitting on his thigh. He seemed confused/lost so I just gave him directions to SERE and I arrived only 5-10 minutes late. Glenn had arrived early and was having hot chocolate while playing a game of pinochle on his tablet. He finally finished about 20 minutes later so we could talk. He’s scheduled for his TURP surgery tomorrow morning at 7am and he has someone to stay with him for the next few days and he already put Bianca in a puppy daycare. He suggested a couple movie series for me to try. I returned to the apt by Didi.

Laura texted me that her best friend is here and will be leaving tomorrow with another friend for Cartagena and she asked if he could store a suitcase here for a week until they get back. Sure!

Teresa left just after 11am for a gym class at the Ave. Poblado location.

I started watching Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix.

In the evening at Teresa’s suggestion we met MT at the end of our block to go to Percimon for yogurt but at the last second MT wanted to go to Parva for coffee. We all had a latte and shared two slices of some type of apple cake.

We left just after dark and stopped at Tienda D1 so Teresa could buy arepas.

Using My Social Security I redirected my social security direct deposit to Charles Schwab (JP Morgan Chase) effective July 3rd. I was able to redirect one of my pensions to USAA but I will have to call the other two because I wasn’t able to login to my account.

About 8:30 Laura’s Ecuadorian friend Galo stopped by with his carry-on and we chatted for a bit. He leaves for Cartagena tomorrow for a week. He’ll most likely pick up his carry-on next Saturday morning.

My chess rating continues to plummet and has now fallen to 1539. I’m thinking my lack of sleep is affecting my performance.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, up until 5-6 years ago I had a recurring dream every Sunday night that I got to math class without having done my homework. I would wake up in a panic. Sometimes even getting out of bed before my brain told me I was okay as I no longer had math class to go to. It always took me awhile to calm down and get back to sleep. The really weird thing is I never worry about myself or my life. I only worry about other people.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete