Sunday, January 29, 2023

Friday, January 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at midnight, got up once at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I walked to the mall where I found (finally) a Gente newspaper. I bought a blueberry muffin at Starbucks and took it to Urbania where I ate it with a latte. Teresa called and asked me to pick up apples, cilantro, and garlic at Exito. I returned to the apt by taxi.

Charles Schwab emailed me that I have a message. I logged on and it merely confirmed my 1/27/23 – 7/4/23 Travel Notice. Not sure if that means it’s been accepted.

Teresa had a massage appointment for 4:30 so I left at 4:15 and walked to the mall.

I bought 1 ticket to The Fabelmans which starts at 5:35 in theater #5. I sat in their open area until 5:15, made a final trip to the restroom, bought a hotdog, smallest popcorn and small soda which all came with a small chocolate bar. There are two theatres identified as #5, one downstairs in the Platinum area and another upstairs. Carrying my tray of food I asked an usher at the entrance to the Platinum area which theater and as I suspected it was the one upstairs. Upstairs theater #4 had the sign for The Fabelmans and #5 was for Avatar. I went back downstairs and explained that to the same usher. She assured me #5 was correct. I went back up and the signs (electric) were now just ads. I went in and up the stairs to my seat and it was all the way in the corner, not next to the aisle as I assumed. Note to self: for future matinees, which are usually close to empty anyway, choose a middle seat. I checked my Runpee app and the most logical pee time was at the 1:22.45 mark when there is a closeup of the car license plate: 360-QXT. The hot dog was the driest one I’ve ever had; In the future I’ll smuggle in a BBQ roastbeef sandwich. I really liked the movie even though it was 2 ½ hours long and I managed to get through it without a trip to the restroom.

I returned to the apt by taxi and gifted the chocolate bar to the first portero I saw.

Teresa informed me her masseuse never showed up.

 

Today I got in 6,201 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment