Friday, January 27, 2023

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Jim decided to come to my apt early so I texted Carlos to come straight to my apt to pick us all up at 9:30. While the others were waiting for the elevator I turned off the water to our apt.

We had told Carlos we wanted to see a soccer match and he informed us that Atletico Nacional opens their new season against Manizales next Thursday. We asked him to buy tickets for the 3 of us and we would treat him.

At the airport TSA confiscated Teresa’s manicure scissors. My metal toothpick holder is missing but at least they missed my portable scissors.

Our Viva Air flight was scheduled to take off at 11:56 and was only a few minutes late.

The flight was only a little over an hour and we landed on time by 1:15.

We had arranged to be picked up and taken to our hotel, Casa Verano Hotel Boutique by private driver for 35mil. The driver informed us that it hadn’t rained there since November.









We dropped off all our things and had lunch by their pool.



For 20mil we took a taxi to Parque de los Novios in Santa Marta and explored the area a bit. 



We finally settled on the outdoor restaurant Donde Chucho.

There was a line and we had to wait about 30 minutes to get in. I had their lasagna pomodoro. There were 4 cats hanging around the area including this one with the cat bird seat.



On the way back to the hotel I counted 12 chiva buses. I learned they charge 20mil for 90min and there are 4 bar stops.

 

Today I got in 2,931 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment