Sunday, January 15, 2023

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Teresa told me she didn’t want to cook for lunch and I should bring chicken from Frisby but I informed her I wasn’t going to the mall. I suggested we order chicken wings from Bruss.

Teresa was on the phone when I left at 9:45. I had a café con leche in Parva for about 90 minutes. The muchacho had forgotten to bring my order so because he was late he gifted me a postre.

Teresa had asked me to bring her a bottle of Brilla King blanquedor or Blancox. I stopped at Tienda D1 (they now have automatic doors) and bought the former for 2,900 pesos.

When I reached our elevator Teresa came out with a cellphone plastered to her head and said something about “copy” and “doctor”. As she was walking away, I said you can have copies made in La Buena Mesa. She stopped and I explained where the Bancolombia window is where she can have copies made.

Back in the apt it was obvious she was in a hurry because windows were still open and the radio was playing.

At 12:30 I ordered 2 Frischuletas from Frisby for 62,100 pesos. Because I’m using an International Card (Citibank) the charge was $14.12 for a CER of only 4,398. I changed the payment method in my profile to pesos so we’ll see if that helps.

After lunch we were resting when Teresa got a call and someone delivered her injection. She’s going to keep it in the fridge until someone comes to give it to her.

Looks like Ara is pretty popular. Not only are all 5 of their parking spaces taken but cars are parking on the street in front of our building.

I’ve been using my new Jobava London System book to build a repertoire in ChessBase. (A repertoire is a series of best replies to your opponent’s most obvious moves.) I’ve already manually entered about 100 pages of my 250-page book. The moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.Nc3 d5 3.Bf4 AND 1.d4 d5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.Bf4 result in the same position. This is called a transposition. If I entered all the moves as the former the repertoire should also recognize the latter. I was looking on Youtube for “merging transpositions” when I found a video demonstrating how to build a repertoire using Chessbase itself instead of manually entering them. Oops! But, at least for this opening I think I’ll continue entering the move manually.

It's 3:30, it’s sunny and there are some raindrops. Not sure if you can see them in this video.



A drizzle started at 4:30 even though it was still sunny. This time I’m sure you will be able to see them.



Teresa wanted to go out to eat. We discussed going to Barbacoa (only burgers) and Mu (ribs) but she told me she knew of a new steakhouse in La Buena Mesa. If it’s not still raining.

By 6:30 it was still raining so I started the process of placing an order with Mu for ribs & fries. We’ll see how long it takes for them to be delivered in this downpour and whether they’re cooked thoroughly. They arrived at 7:30 and were cooked perfectly and still warm. I texted them and told them they did a good job.

 

Today I got in 1,969 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment