Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Monday, January 30, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up 3 or 4 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45am.

I see K.C. beat Cincinnati 23-20 last night, so it’ll be the Philadelphia Eagles vs the Kansas City Chiefs in the Superbowl in Arizona on February 12th.

Jim texted me he was on the metro approaching the Envigado station so I walked to Las Chachas in Parque Envigado where I found him waiting for me. A block away Jim found a stand where they make fresh orange juice. While waiting for him I observed a golden lab sniffing around the area. His owner soon arrived and we were shocked to see her feeding it fruit. Besides the pineapple, papaya they were sharing she said it also eats avocado.



We continued on to Todo Drogas where I bought my medications for the month for 185,605 ($40) and Jim bought a couple things that are much less expensive here than in the stats.

We walked to La Buena Mesa where we had coffee at one of their outside tables.



We agreed to meet for dinner tonight at 7pm at Hatoviejo (Calle 16 #28-60). It’s a Polynesian looking building we see every time we come down Las Palmas from the airport and we say we must have dinner there sometime.

Teresa agreed but she insisted on meeting at 7:30 because traffic is too heavy earlier.

At 6pm she asked me to get dressed. I reminded her we’re not leaving until 7pm so I have plenty of time. She reminded me again at 6:30 so I dressed and started ordering a Didi for 12mil. After 10 minutes of searching gave up and switched to InDrive. I couldn’t get it to allow me to enter my destination until I added it as a midway point. I offered 20mil for the ride and it was immediately accepted. We left just before 7pm and arrived at Hatoviejo at 7:15. Jim arrived at 7:30.



Teresa had her usual salmon which she said was delicious and I ordered the solomito (steak) with backed potato and mine was delicious also.



We had a churro with ice cream for dessert which was great also.

The total bill for Teresa and I was 165mil ($35).

We easily ordered a Didi to return us to the apt.

I went to bed at 10pm.

I had just laid down when Teresa came in the bedroom and informed me she didn’t have her cellphone and we needed to call the Didi driver. I started going through the usual process of restarting my phone and calling her number just to make sure it wasn’t in the house when she came back and informed me she found it. Sigh!

 

Today I got in 5,131 steps.

 

Fun pix






No comments:

Post a Comment