Monday, January 30, 2023

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 1:15, again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

At 8:30 I started the process of requesting a ride. I arrived by Didi at D’Andre restaurant and it was just a couple blocks walk to Pergamino CafĂ©. Jim soon arrived and then Glenn with Bianca. We chatted while having breakfast with coffee. Glenn wants to see The Fabelmans in Cine Colombia. Jim gave me a “pizza hat” to gift to Gloria at Antica Pizza. He was on his way to Pueblito Paisa on Cerro Nutibara and Glenn and I shared a taxi back to Envigado.

I stopped in Mercado Madrid where I bought a carton of 18 eggs for 18,500 before returning to the apt.

I had a small bowl of lentil soup to tide me over until the 3pm game.

Jim leaves February 2nd and Laura arrives February 8th.

Jim texted me he was in Viva Envigado and Sport Wings was going to be showing the game. I took a Didi and met him there by 2:45. Jim and I shared a plate of nachos


 and later he had 6 chicken wings.

The game wasn’t very good with the final 31-7 Philadelphia Eagles over SF 49ers. I took a taxi back to the apt and Jim went across the street to catch a Didi. My driver spoke good English and I learned he has a daughter in the US Marines and a nephew in the US Army. Jim and I are going to meet up again tomorrow morning where we’re going to Todo Drogas to buy medications and the we’ll have coffee in La Buena Mesa.

I logged into Charles Schwab and a message said, “We have updated your account with the Travel Notice you provided. 1/27/23 – 7/4/23”. So, all looks good. We’ll soon see if my CS debit card works with an ATM here; and if it still is good 2 weeks from now.

Teresa was watching something on TV so I watched the game on my laptop. It was the 3rd quarter and the K.C. Chiefs had just gone up 20-13 when I got tired and started my sleep procedure. I went to bed at 9:30.

 

Today I got in 2,644 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment