Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Monday, January 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 1am, again at 5:45, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I see the Lions came back to beat the Packers 20-16 officially knocking them out of the playoffs. 😊

Teresa informed me she wanted us to go to El Tesoro after lunch but I told her I don’t want to spend all day there.

After breakfast I walked to Parva but it was closed. I found a seat in Los Porteños and ordered a small latte. I noticed my daughter posted this on Facebook:

“Hi all, I’m looking for some help!

If…

1.  You got married in Greece

2.  You attended a wedding in Greece

3.  You know someone who got married in Greece

…would you please comment, private message, or text me?

And yes, fam and friends, you should start saving $$$

Thanks all!”

Wow, it looks like we’ll be going to a wedding in Greece and she says she’s planning on August.

Thirty minutes later the restaurant was packed. I didn’t want to take up a table for just a latte so I paid and left. I stopped at Ara and bought a bag of sugar and 2 bags of milk. (They only had 8 bags of 2% milk so they may be running out early in the day.)

Teresa told me she changed her mind and wants to go to Santafe mall. I was okay with that because it’s closer and I don’t need to bring a jacket because it isn’t up in the mountains like El Tesoro mall.

We left at 11:15 and took a Didi to Santafe mall. Teresa checked out Zara and Pull & Bear. In the latter she found a pair of shoes she liked but they weren’t in her size but the Pull & Bear in El Tesoro has a pair in her size. So off we went to El Tesoro. She bought 2 pairs of shoes on sale using mostly store credits she had and I only had to kick in another 70mil.

We had a nice lunch in J&C Delicias. She started looking for a dress for the wedding. In Zara she suggested a number of cheap (I’m talking $45 cheap) dresses all of which I rejected. One problem is we have different tastes in dresses and I don’t want her to look out of place next to the other ladies. I took her to a store we’ve been to before (Minitu?) where it’s always cost me money when she shopped there. I found one I liked but Teresa didn’t. When we left she told me it was 5,000,000 pesos ($1,100) but my opinion is it might be worth it. She’s going to talk to her friend Vickie for advice. We’ve got lots of time anyway. We had frozen Greek yogurt in Percimon then returned to the apt by taxi arriving by 5pm.

I asked Laura to send me her flight information and now it appears she’s arriving on the 8th not the 2nd but she still doesn’t have her departure flight set. I need to start sending Carlos, our driver, our flight information.

I received more information from Jeannie. They don’t have a venue yet but it most likely will be outside but not on the beach.

It was about 8pm when I noticed it was raining. By 10pm when I went to bed it was pouring.

Today I got in 4,831 steps.

 

Fun pix




No comments:

Post a Comment