Thursday, January 19, 2023

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 1:15, and couldn’t fall back asleep because I was thinking about making a speech at my daughter’s wedding. At 4am I gave up and did some work on the computer before returning to bed at 4:45. I woke up at 6am, set an alarm for 7:15 and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I took my shower, dressed and walked to Los Porteños. I ordered for Teresa and she joined me just before the food arrived.

She went on to Mayorca mall for a gym class and I returned to the apt.

I met Marcos and his cousin Marshall at Maca at 10am. A muchacho came out and explained he can’t put the tables and chairs out until the chica arrives in 20 minutes so we walked down the street and had coffee at Bunuelos. Marshall is from southern Ohio and I mentioned some of my ancestors were dirt farmers during the depression in Rutland, Ohio. He knew exactly where that is. Marcos informed me he bought bagels in Habia Una Vez and they were the best he’s had in Medellin. He again pushed for us to visit Playa Rodadero when we are in Santa Marta. While there I noticed I had an email containing my Tigo/Une bill. Wow, it went down from about 102mil to 66,335.

I went to $efecty where I paid the Tigo/Une bill. Last month the Direct TV bill was 152,100 pesos so I was surprised when the woman said it was now 304,200 pesos. That’s double. I checked and I had the receipt for December so I know I paid it. It was too much of a coincidence that it had doubled so I only paid 152,100 pesos. If there’s a problem, I’ll let Teresa deal with it.

I bought a couple bags of milk in Mercado Madrid before returning to the apt.

Teresa wanted me to go to Arkadia mall with her to have her eyelashes fixed. I refused. She called and talked to the lady working there and it sounds like she’s not going after all.

The massage girl arrived at 4:25 and left at 5:05 when a downpour started. It soon turned into a strong lightning storm but ended 30 minutes later.

I finished constructing my Jobava London System repertoire on ChessBase 16.

Esmeralda arrived at 6:30. The ladies chatted until about 7:30 then we left for pizza. I thought we were walking to Esmeralda’s car but they turned and entered the porteria. Teresa said something about ordering a car but then hailed a taxi across the street. We had our usual pizza at Gloria’s and I learned her husband’s name is Ramon. We walked down the hill and picked up a couple pastries for our porteros. We had about a 5-minute wait to catch a taxi back to the apt. I gave Teresa 20mil for the taxi to continue on and take Esmeralda to the Ayura station.

 

Today I got in 3,30 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment