Sunday, January 22, 2023

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

My brother called and we made plans to meet for lunch at Porci Carnes in Sabaneta at 1pm.

At 12:40 I ordered a Didi which arrived 5 minutes later. The driver’s Waze app proceeded to guide him around the block instead of doing a u-turn. 😊 Traffic was heavy due to a couple of fender benders until we got over the bridge past Viva Envigado. Jim was waiting for me when I arrived just after 1pm. We each had their ribs which included a little salad, 2 patacones and an arepa. The last 2 being inedible by gringos. My ribs plus a Coke was 24mil ($5.25).

We walked to Parque Sabaneta and checked out Viejo John, one of the best (low bar) restaurants in town. Around the corner we took a seat at an outside bar.  We decided we would go to Wilson’s bar tonight for supper as Jim hasn’t been there the last couple of visits. At 3pm I felt a raindrop, then another, then it started raining. I put up my small umbrella while Jim took shelter under trees in the park. It started coming down harder with a slight breeze and I had to move inside the restaurant with the others. In the meantime, Jim moved inside the church. The rain lessened considerably and Jim moved inside with me. We decided to call it a day and I walked a block away where I caught a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa didn’t want to eat at Wilson’s so we decided to meet at Black Pepper at 8pm.

At 6pm Teresa tells me she wants to go to the mall and buy a 2-piece swimsuit so she could get more of a tan. I asked, “why did you wait until the last minute to decide you wanted a 2-piece”? She told me she was going to buy one earlier when she was with her mother at the mall but she forgot. She called Esmeralda who I understand is going to help her choose one at a store on the border of La Buena Mesa and we’ll meet up at the restaurant at 8pm.

Teresa left at 6:30 and called me at 7:30 to meet them at Percimon across from Black Pepper. I dressed and left and walked to Percimon where the ladies were seated at an outside table. My brother soon arrived, we said goodbye to Esmeralda, and we took an outside table at Black Pepper. Teresa and I shared their Grill Mix, she had a rum with water, and I a limonada de coco for a total of 155,913 ($34), including tip. Jim had grilled chicken and a double rum and water.

Jim went to check out Antonio’s Gelato down the street and we returned to the apt.

Today I got in 3,506 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment