Friday, January 6, 2023

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am, again at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Troyclough resigned our game on the 14th move. I asked why and he said he resigned another game and the interface incorrectly resigned our game.

There is a warehouse on the other side of Ara whose sidewalks were all pitted and torn up from large trucks entering and exiting. They spent the last couple days replacing it with new concrete.

Teresa has to go to Viva Envigado to exchange some things so she says I’ll be on my own for lunch. I have to go to Auros to have some things printed and then I’ll have coffee somewhere in the mall.

I left the apt at 9:15. At the warehouse a man was using a jack hammer to break up another section of the sidewalk. I guess they’re going to replace the whole thing. When I crossed the street to the mall an old guy came up to me and asked, “do you speak English?” I said, “we talked before” and kept on walking. He gives you a sob story then asks for cash and this time I’d didn’t feel like playing.

In Auros I had Teresa’s blood test results printed. Everything looks normal.

I was having a latte in Urbania when Teresa called at 11am and informed me we’re having lunch in the apt and asked me to go up to Linea Estetica and buy something for her. I told her I didn’t bring my debit card with me and only had 100mil in cash. She asked me to go to Frutos Salvaje (wild fruits) and buy her some shampoo, which I found by the elevators on the 2nd floor. I bought a bottle of liquid Fab in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I’m planning on seeing Avatar (7.9) tomorrow (yeah, I know it’s 3 hours and 12 minutes long) playing in Viva Envigado at 1:20 and 5:20pm (1:30 and 5:30 3D IMAX).

M3GAN (6.2) also opens today.

At 5:20 I started the search for a ride. After a few minutes Didi gave me one only to drop it and start the search over again. At least this one was only 3 minutes away. We were on our way by 5:30 but because of traffic we didn’t arrive at Viva 1A eps until 6:15.

Teresa got her number, was called, then came back out and sat down for another 10 minutes before being called again. She returned and the doctor said her results were fine (I already knew that from reading her test results).  She informed me she has to go to downtown Medellin tomorrow to get a Vitamin D shot in her stomach. There will be a long line and she’ll probably have to wait for hours.

Outside we walked across the street and quickly caught a taxi to Unicentro mall. Upstairs we walked through the food court and settled on the restaurant Il Forno. She had filet of salmon with a ½ salad, potatoes and avocado and I had their ground beef lasagna. Add in 2 juices and tip and the total came to 91,998 ($18). Outside we quickly found a taxi to return us to the apt. I thought the taxi meter had increased too rapidly. I questioned Teresa and learned the old start was 3,800 and minimum fare was 5,800 and now it’s 4,300 and 6,300.

On the highway I was a little surprised traffic was so heavy at 8:30 at night but interestingly picked up considerably once we passed the lighted Christmas decorations.

I started my sleep preparation and was in bed by 9:45.

Today I got in 3,952 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment