Sunday, January 29, 2023

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 2:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Teresa has to pick up her medication this morning so I’ll be on my own for breakfast.

Marcos texted me that he has a cold so we won’t be meeting for coffee today.

I had breakfast in Los Porteños, bought a package of 4 sesame seed bagels in Eduardo Madrid, and bought a bag of milk in the small store before returning to the apt.

New Cine Colombia movies opening today in Viva Envigado:

The Fabelmans (7.7) is playing at 2pm and 5:35pm.

Also, Babylon (7.4; 3 hours) is now playing at 5:20pm.

I think I’d like to see both of these.

I called Teresa at 1:15 and learned I’ll be on my own for lunch. I walked to Gasto y Cansor where I ordered Milanesa de Pollo




Not exactly what I was expecting but that’s all right.

Nobraska texted me that I have some documents to pick up. I told her I’d be there in a few minutes. My documents ended up being a New in Chess magazine and 2 envelopes. The latter turned out to be duplicate 1099’s for one of my pensions.

I returned to La Buena Mesa and arrived at Antonio’s Gelato at the wrong time, just after 3pm. #1, school had just let out and high schoolers were mingling around the store, #2, the sun was low enough that it was just starting to creep across the outdoor tables. I had a medium cup of strawberry and Oreo cookie.



I returned to the apt and finished watching Narvik on Netflix.

Carlos picked arrived at 5:45 and we picked up Jim in his hotel just after 6pm. We arrived at the stadium area by 7:30. We waited downstairs while Carlos parked his car on the 7th level of the Obelisco parking garage. We stopped in the packed mall where Carlos and Jim had a beer.



We walked across the street where there were several single file entrances to the stadium area. Carlos was frisked but for some reason Jim and I not. (Maybe Carlos has a reputation. 😊) We stopped at an inner kiosk where we sat for a few minutes and Carlos and Jim had another beer.

Inside we had pretty good seats close to the southern end of the stadium. (I remember once being told not to sit in the south end if I every went to a soccer game in the stadium.) The fans there were jumping, chanting, singing and it continued throughout the 90-minute match.



Before the match started, I noticed a vendor selling potato chips and drinks. I asked if he had Margarita original chips but he only had lemon flavored. He confirmed that I wanted them, left his tray with a few snacks next to me and disappeared. He returned 5-10 minutes later and sold me the chips for 12mil. (The next day in line at Exito I priced them at 4mil.) I shared them with Jim and Carlos. At halftime, still 0-0, Carlos and made a trip to the restroom and got in one of the longest lines I’ve ever seen but at least it moved rather quickly.

Atletico Nacional scored in the 2nd half. (I would have been pissed if the match ended 0-0.)

I ordered an ice cream in the second half and again the guy disappeared for a while and returned with a Mora (blackberry) flavored popsicle for 7mil.

The match ended with an Atletico Nacional 1-0 win. Carlos returned Jim to his hotel and me to my apt. We each kicked in 10mil and 20mil respectively towards gas.

Today I got in 5,722 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment