Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:15, got up once at 12:15, again at 4am with a fit of hiccups that ended as soon as I made my trip to the bathroom, waking/getting up at 6:30.

At 7am a loud generator started up next door but it only lasted 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes later it started again but this time only lasted 5 minutes.

I walked to the mall and Jose was waiting for me. I had the usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez that used to cost me 16,500 pesos but today for some reason was 20,900. I remember the chica asked if I wanted a large orange juice. I’ve never been asked that before. I said, “large”, so maybe that was the difference in price? A woman came in wearing a facemask and started talking to Jose. When she left I asked who that was and he said, “Maritza”. I said, “she changed her hair”, and he agreed.

We went upstairs and played 2 games and I won both. 😊 He complimented my endgame play in the 2nd game and said I usually mess it up. Later the computer said I played both games, “very precise”. The earliest we will play again is in 3 weeks.

I went to Only Roastbeef and ordered a large BBQ sandwich to go for 23,700 ($5). Downstairs all the seats were taken at Urbania so I went to Todo Fresa where I ate my sandwich with a latte.

What is it with guys who don’t use the urinal but won’t raise the seat in the stalls? Now I try to choose stalls where the seat is raised as it usually means it recently has been cleaned. (I think women clean the restrooms every 2 hours.)

I walked back to the apt reaching my 4,000-step goal for the day.

Teresa mentioned she wanted to go to Gloria’s for pizza tonight but a downpour started at 5:15.

I chatted with a CS rep from Dallas, TX to find out how to see my debit card transactions: I need to select Account then Transactions.

I checked The Weather Channel and we’re supposed to have moderate storms through 9pm. The downpour lessened by 7:45 but by then I decided it was too late to go for pizza. The rain stopped about 30 minutes later.

 

Today I got in 4,076 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment