Friday, January 13, 2023

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 12:15, again at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I uninstalled Express VPN from my laptop.

Teresa will be heading to the mall for a 9am gym class.

I left at 8:15 and walked to the mall. I printed a page of Colombia’s bank holidays then had Jim’s travel itinerary scanned to my USB drive.

I made an ATM withdrawal then went to Urbania where I had a latte and practiced some forced mates.

Teresa arrived at 10:15 and had a latte with a (vegan?) chocolate chip cookie. I found her Claro bill on her cellphone so I went upstairs and paid it. We returned to the apt by taxi.

I sent the flight info to Carlos but found out because Auros set it as a pdf it got sent as a link. In the future I’ll have to be more careful to ensure it’s a photo. Seventy-seven years old and still learning! 😊

I left the apt at 2pm as Teresa’s masseuse was arriving. Next door at Ara they were installing flood lights outside. At Parva I had a café con leche while doing a few more forced mates. I see MY Claro bill is now available. A woman came to my table with a tray of large bread slices. What she called it sounded something like cheese bread. I took a bite and to me it tasted doughy like it hadn’t cooked enough. I looked at my Cine Colombia app and M3GAN is no longer playing at 6:30 in Oviedo, only 9pm like Viva Envigado. They do have Extrema Alerta (English title is Plane) 7.3 playing at 6:50pm. I left about 3:45.

When I walked past Ara I saw windows in the upper level. Not sure if they are going to use that area for sales, warehouse, employees, or what.

Teresa informed me a muchacho called and her VIP card is ready for her to pick up in El Tesoro. I told her we certainly don’t need to pick it up tonight.

I showed Teresa the trailer for Plane and she agreed to see it tonight at 6:50pm in Oviedo.

We left at 5pm and took a Didi to Oviedo mall. (If our driver had been any more relaxed and slower he would have been asleep.) We walked through Carulla (my short cut) and took the elevator up to the 4th floor and bought 2 preferred seats to Plane for 15,500 pesos each ($3.25). We went down 2 levels where we had dinner in Pizzeria Olivia. Teresa had her usual salmon with criolla potatoes and a salad and I had a lasagna mixta (ground beef and chicken). We shared a bottle of water for a total of 92,106 pesos ($19.40) including tip.

We went back upstairs and it was only a 15-minute wait for the movie to start.

We both thought the movie was very good with lots of action.

While we were leaving Teresa ducked into a dress shop called Christina Restrepo and I went across the aisle where I found Roller Disco.



Hmm, I wonder if I still have the balance and strength for roller skating. It's only been about 50 years. Might be worth checking out one day.

We then found this dress store named Pluff 



and they had some simple southern style dresses in blue and pink which might work for one of our days or nights in Greece. It came in blue or pink for about 550,000 pesos.

Outside we took a taxi back to the apt. As I entered the porteria the portero handed me our epm utility bill.

 

Today I got in 6,020 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment