Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30 (still raining), got up once at 2:30 (still raining), finally waking/getting up at 6:15 (still raining).

Now I’ve got a cold to worry about. As soon as I got up I took a pill for my cold and a Excedrin migraine for the fuzziness feeling in my head.

I charged my cellphone battery case overnight and now I’m using it to charge my cellphone. This procedure might work daily, we’ll see how the timing works out. It took about 2 ½ hours to charge my cellphone battery to 82% from my battery case. Now I’ve got the case charging again from my laptop.

Jose cancelled our chess get together for today because of the rain. My goal now for this morning is to buy a new charger for my cellphone. I see there are Samsung stores in Mayorca, Oviedo and El Tesoro. I thought there would be one in Monterrey mall but not according to my internet search. When I looked again, I saw that the “Sabaneta” location was misrepresented because it’s really in Viva Envigado, not Mayorca.

I received emails from CS  that they have added my phone numbers and “We have successfully completed your request. There’s nothing more you need to do.”

I left at 9:45 (still drizzling) and paid InDrive 10,000 pesos for a ride to the mall. I easily found the Samsung kiosk but still had 10 minutes until it opened so I had a latte in Urbania. About 10:30 it occurred to me if they didn’t have my charger I would have to go another mall. I paid for my latte and walked around the corner. I bought a new Samsung 15W PD Power Adapter for my Samsung A52 Power Adapter for 99,900 pesos but it can only be charged directly by electricity not by my computer (no USB at one end).

I received an email from Natalia that my monthly health insurance  payment is going up from 162 mil to 182 mil starting in February.

I bought a kilo of potatoes and 2 bags of milk in Exito. There was no wait for a taxi and another driver opened the door for me and told he driver “speak English” Lol. I wasn’t sure he even spoke Spanish as he had difficulty with my request to go to Palo de Rosa. I told him to go north on Ave Las Vegas and gave him turn by turn directions that way.

Teresa had called the hotel but they didn’t find my charger either.

We had a nap of about an hour after lunch.

Teresa has a massage appointment from 3 to 4.

As I was leaving at 2:30 Teresa handed me a small plastic bottle of varnish and asked me to see if one of the porteros had hands strong enough to open it. I tried but I couldn’t but it looked like it was screwed on cockeyed. He got a knife and cut the plastic separating the top from the rest of the bottle then opened it easily.

I walked to Eduardo Madrid where I had a latte. I looked in the basket on their display case but only saw what looked like dinner rolls. About 4pm it started raining. I’m almost finished reading my new chess book. At one point I heard the baker (now in street clothes) tell another man, “I told them to make bagels and people would buy them”. I looked in the basket again and found a sleeve of 6 sesame seed bagels. A man came in and carried out a dozen bagels and at least 2 dozen loafs of bread, all unbaked.

Those with my latte came to 23,800 pesos. It looked like the rain had subsided so I returned to the apt in only a little dripping.

I watched a couple more episodes of Shooter on Netflix.

Teresa told me she hid the gold w/ emerald necklace I bought her for Christmas before the masseuse came over but now she can’t find it.

I finished reading John Jakes’ The Rebels on my Nook.

Today I got in 2,726 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment