Sunday, January 29, 2023

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 1:15, again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I left the apt at 10am and walked to Smartfit where I had a 10-minute wait for a bus. In the meantime, my brother texted me to meet him at Mija, a café across the street from Hija Mia. We both spent some time trying to find a ride using Didi, Uber, and InDrive to El Retiro with no luck. We ended up taking a Didi to San Diego mall where we had a 15-minute wait for an El Retiro bus. We each got one of the few remaining seats. Traffic was crawling for the first few minutes getting out of Medellin. We arrived at El Retiro about an hour after we started. The bus dropped us off a couple blocks from the park. The park has been remodeled quite a bit with tiled walkways. We first stopped another block away for coffee.






We returned to the park and settled on this nice 2nd floor restaurant named Central.



It had an interesting interior with some collectibles on the walls.






I had this delicious burger and fries for lunch.




Jim was looking for the potato chip vendor and we finally found them inside one of the nearby buildings.

I thought these “lending libraries” near the park were interesting.



We walked down the hill to the bus stop where we found a bus just leaving for Medellin. The return trip was about 45-50 minutes. We went across the street where I made a trip to the restroom. Back outside we were quickly in a taxi that first dropped Jim off at his hotel then my apt in Envigado.

Teresa informed me she wanted to go for pizza. I ordered a Didi and we left at 7:30 for Antica Pizza. While sitting at the counter facing the kitchen a muchacho 4 feet away caught Teresa’s attention and made a gesture which I understood meant that she had a pretty face. Gloria told him to be careful because her husband is a gringo. 😊

We bought pastries for the porteros before returning to the apt by taxi.

 

Today I got in 5,344 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment