Saturday, July 22, 2023

Friday, July 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

I forgot to mention there was no hot water yesterday morning when I took my shower. At least today I’ll be showering at the gym and can buy a D-battery afterward.

I was up early this morning, had an early breakfast and was out of the apt by 8am. I walked to the mall and recycled a couple plastic bottles. I completed my workout in Smartfit without any problem. I took my shower and went to Western Union to pay the Direct TV and Tigo/Une bills. I took a number and took a seat and was looking at the bill on my cellphone when I realized the account number isn’t there. I was sure they wouldn’t be able to accept it so I left. I bought 9V and D-batteries in Home Center then went downstairs to Urbania where I had a latte. I left about 10:45, bought a jar of Nescafe decaf coffee in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi. (Again, no Gente newspapers.)

I changed the D-battery in the on-demand hot water device but it still wouldn’t work.

Teresa returned by 11:45 with some groceries from Ara.

I left the apt about 3pm and had a latte in Los Porteños while going over some chess notes. I returned to the apt about 5:30. My current game against Troyclough has changed from a probably loss to a probably win. 😊 Teresa suggested we see the movie Oppenheimer (9.0) tonight. 😊 I asked her if she wanted to see the 6pm or 8:40pm showing. She said the 8:40. I showed her the trailer I found in Spanish. She said her back was sore (too much leaning over the ironing board decorating her purse) and she wasn’t that interested in the movie, especially after I informed her it was 3 hours long. I’m not going by myself at 8:40 and get out at midnight, especially on a weekend. I’ll see it sometime next week.

I finished reading Nell Goddin’s The Third Girl on my Nook.

Just before I went to bed I reseated the D-battery in the on-demand heater and it worked.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment