Saturday, July 29, 2023

Friday, July 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, again at 5:45, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt just before 9am and took a Didi to the mall. There was no line in Av Villas so I quickly paid the apt rent.

Outside Bancolombia a guard was refilling cash in the first consignacion machine. Another guard was standing in front of the next ATM holding a shotgun but it looked like it was out of order anyway. I gestured toward the 3rd machine and the guard gestured me toward it. I quickly paid for our monthly gym fees and my health insurance.

Upstairs as I entered Smartfit I noticed it was 9:20am. I completed my workout without any problem. At one point as I was walking to another machine a man standing up from a mat slightly staggered my way bumping into me. He said, “sorry” and I replied, “no problem”. After I finished my shower I thought it was the same guy coming out of the next shower stall. I asked him where he was from and he said, “here, I’m Colombian”. He then asked me my name and he said his name is Alex. Now I’m not sure it was the same guy.

Outside Smartfit there is a little nail salon called Recifes (reefs). I explained to a woman that I have a split nail (that keeps getting caught on clothing) and can they do something to make it stronger and safer. She called over a young lady who did a good job of fixing it in 10 minutes for 9,500 pesos ($2.50). I may do this every Friday if it continues to be a problem.

I went down to Exito but no Gente newspapers.

Back in the mall proper I took a photo of the store selling neck pillows and sent it to Teresa.




I had a latte in Urbania while sending payment receipt photos for the apt and my health insurance. The English-speaking girl was there and I asked her why they give me a wood stir when I don’t put sweetener in my coffee. She showed me packets of sugar in her apron and I suggested she also keep stirs there and just give them out when clients ask for sweetener. I hope she passes this tip on to the rest of the wait staff.

I bought a large package of eggs in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I left the apt about 2:30 and had a latte in Los PorteƱos while reorganizing our trip notes in my notebook.

I left about 4:30 and took a peek around the corner at the new bar which looked like it may be open as I saw a group of 4 sitting at a table.

I returned to the apt and took the elevator up with an abuela and her grandson. As I often do, I started a short conversation with him in English. He did well and I could tell abuela was very proud.
Kelly was giving Teresa a massage. Good to see she’s out of the hospital.

For supper Teresa suggested pizza but I reminded her of Mu. I started the order at 6:30, completed the order at 7pm, and it arrived just after 7:30. I messaged Mu, “Ribs were delivered promptly, still hot, tender (fall off the bone even), and tasty. Constructive criticism: the order taking could be faster.”

About 9:15 the rain started and was coming down harder when I went to bed at 9:45.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment