Thursday, July 27, 2023

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

We obviously got some rain during the night.

According to AccuWeather we should have precipitation for the next 60 minutes. According to The Weather Channel the rain should end about 9am. I left the apt just before 9am with an umbrella but I didn’t put it up because the drizzle was so light I only had to occasionally brush off my arms. I completed my usual workout at Smartfit. When I came out the drizzle was stronger and I put up my umbrella for the walk back to the apt. Now the rain is supposed to continue until 4pm then it might start again at 8pm.

Teresa returned just before noon. She said someone wants to see the sandals she decorated as they might buy them for the beach.

Dr. Rendon called and Teresa has her tooth cleaning tomorrow at 4pm.

I left the apt at 2:15 and took a Didi to the mall. I printed the email notification that our apt rent will increase to 2,275,376 starting October 30th.

Upstairs in Cine Colombia I was shocked there was only 1 seat remaining for the 4:20 showing of Oppenheimer (8.8) and it was in the 2nd row. I checked out the theater and the 2nd row appeared to be sufficiently far away from the screen. (Not like when I saw Paint Your Wagon (6.6) from a first row back in 1969.) I bought a seat for 7,800 pesos. Hmmm, that sounds cheap; maybe Wednesdays are half price again and that’s the reason that the theater is so full.

They had a Barbie display set up and a number of girls took photos in front of it. I barely caught this photo before they all dispersed.



I went down to Urbania for a latte until just before 4pm.

Back upstairs I bought a Cine Combito for 15,300 pesos.

I was surprised when the usher directed me upstairs; apparently the last seat was in the 2nd row of the upper level. 😊 I liked the movie but the sound was too loud and a few times I had to put my fingers in my ears. On the other hand, it did help me hear most of the dialogue. After the movie I observed half a dozen gringos standing outside discussing the movie.

I bought 2 bags of milk, a package of tortillas, and a package of hamburger buns in Exito.

There was a line for taxis but the line moved pretty quickly and I was soon back at the apt. I gave the portero the chocolate bar that came with my order.

I asked Teresa if she talked to the portero about removing the locks from her suitcase. She asked me to go down and see if they could do it. I asked her call and see if they think they could do it. She did and I went down to the porteria and with a hammer and screwdriver they knocked the locks off so I tipped them 20mil.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment