Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 3:30, took another allergy pill, went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt just after 7:30 and walked to the mall in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt. I recycled some papers and a D-battery and met Jose by the entrance. We had breakfast in Al Alma, I had French toast with fresh banana and strawberry slices with a latte (very filling) for 35,200 pesos ($9), including tip. 



I showed him the last couple games (both wins) I played versus Troyclough.

We went upstairs and I had the Black pieces in the first game and had pressure against his exposed king but ended with a draw by repetition on the 32nd move.

I had the White pieces in the second game and we both had an attack against the other’s king but he overlooked something and I checkmated him on move 39.

It was only 1:30 when he left. I had a granolada and large latte in Pergamino (several tables were available) for 37,476 pesos ($9.50) including tip. (The peso has been falling the past few months from a high of just over 5,000 pesos to the dollar to just under 4,000 pesos to the dollar; that’s quite a difference.)

Despite my light dress, I still felt warm, just not as warm as when I wore pants and a regular t-shirt.

I stopped in Dollar City looking for cotton pads that Teresa asked for but couldn’t find them.

I stopped in Exito to buy a 6-pack of Coke and hamburger buns. Walking down the bread aisle I noticed 1 jar of Smucker’s Strawberry Preserves among the dozens of Red Raspberry and Cherry. I grabbed it and also bought Coke before returning to the apt by taxi.

I watched a couple more episodes of Justified.

So, I bought 4 bananas 2 weeks ago and they still haven’t ripened. Teresa thinks they’re bad but I don’t know. Maybe they’re plantains but they sure don’t look like it.

Teresa said maybe the porteros can remove the locks from her suitcase. I said ask tomorrow or Thursday morning I’m going to take it to a locksmith before I meet Marcos for coffee at 9:30.

I informed Teresa I plan to see Oppenheimer (IMDB 8.8) tomorrow afternoon.

 

Bumper Stickers






No comments:

Post a Comment