Friday, July 28, 2023

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am. That’s a little early for me but I feel good; I’ll probably crash later in the afternoon.

I packed my laptop, my umbrella and other stuff into my backpack and walked to Parva. On the way I saw this new 2-level restaurant (bar?) on the corner of La Buena Mesa




If you look closely, you’ll see the name BASTARDO or is that BASTARD0 on the 2nd floor and I can see an obvious bar setup on the 1st floor. It looks like the are getting set up to be open soon.

I scheduled taxi pickup and drop-off for the airport in Madrid, Spain.

Marcos arrived and I demonstrated my new backpack for him. He was impressed. He offered to loan Teresa his carry-on.

 


We left the apt at 3:30 and took a Didi to El Tesoro. We checked out more stores for a dress for Teresa for the wedding. I found a sport jacket for me for about 480mil in a store called (I think) BeFit. Teresa wanted to look around some more and we never made it back to the store for the jacket. We had a light supper in J&C Delicias for 52mil. We stopped in Dollar City looking for Teresa’s cotton face pads. Again, the guard didn’t understand my pronunciation for cotton, algodón. They didn’t have them here either, which makes me feel a little vindicated because twice I couldn’t find them in Viva Envigado. She stopped in Carulla and finally found them or something similar. I saw 2 bottles of Smucker’s preserves and one of them was strawberry so I bought that. Now I’ve got 2 bottles in reserve. 😊

We returned to the apt by taxi.

Saturday Teresa wants to return to the dress Makena near Parque Lleras as she was told they will have new things at the end of the month for the Flower Fair.

At one point the driver asked if he should turn or continue downhill. It took a minute, he had already chosen to turn, I turned on Waze but was surprised it was in English. That didn’t help and after that we were close enough to home that we didn’t need it.

I watched another Anna Cramling chess video. This one was when she beat a grandmaster when she was 16 years old.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment