Thursday, July 20, 2023

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 4am, didn’t sleep deeply after that, finally getting up at 6:45.

Well, it doesn’t look like we’ll be having rain today. According to The Weather Channel the chance of rain today varies from 0% to 4%.

Teresa was dressed for the gym and then she’s going to eps on Avenida Oriental, downtown Medellin to pick up her monthly medication. Just before I left, she remarked she was afraid the line was going to be too long so maybe she was going to skip the gym.

I left the apt at 8:30 for Smartfit and my workout was unremarkable; no discomfort in my knee at all today. 😊 I saw Matt working with free weights on the 3rd floor as I was retrieving my stuff from my locker.

I left the apt again at 11am. I looked for bagels in Eduardo Madrid but there weren’t any in their “bagel basket”. I had a large latte in Los Portenos until about 1:30 when I started getting an appetite. I walked around the corner and noticed this 2nd floor construction that looks like it will be a fancy restaurant:



I checked out the menu in Na Pizza then ordered the chicken parmesan. The waitress gave me a blank look until I said “pollo de parmesano” and she understood. I ordered a jugo de fresa con aqua y un poco azucar then garlic bread and again got the blank stare until I said “pan de ajo”. It was about 20 minutes until she brought me the chicken parmesan and the strawberry juice.



I was wondering how late they were going to bring the garlic bread. It never came so when it was time to pay I asked for “la cuenta en efectivo con servicio pero sin pan de ajo”. She slapped her forehead because she forgot the garlic bread. She probably didn’t remember the 3 items because she didn’t write the order down. Btw, I was the only customer the entire time I was there.

I went next door where I had a café con leche in Parva.

I left about 4pm and stopped in Eduardo Madrid and was surprised to find a sleeve of 5 sesame seed bagels. I paid 14mil for them and returned to the apt.

Teresa returned at 4:30 and said there was a demonstration downtown so it was difficult to get around.

I watched another episode of the series Justified.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment