Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Monday, July 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 3:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4am and took an allergy pill, worked some on the computer, returned to bed at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Laura texted me a photo of the wedding invitation she received:

AA WEDDING

Photo didn't download. I'll try again later.

Troyclough resigned our game in 57 moves increasing my rating to 1576.

I completed my workout in Smartfit with no problems. If my knee continues to feel this good the rest of the week, I think I’ll add a little more weight next week.

At 11am we took a Didi to Clinica Las Americas. I went into La Lolita for a latte while Teresa picked up her medicine for the month in the clinic. For some reason the café didn’t have any coffee so I had a glass of mandarin juice. As soon as I sat down outside their patio a twig fell into my juice. Today is an unusually windy day. At one point I heard a thud as a “nut” (looked about the size of a walnut) from a tree hit their roof and landed at my feet.

 Teresa finally came out at 1pm and we walked 100 yards to Arkadia mall where we had lunch in Crepes & Waffles. Troyclough resigned our new game in 12 moves increasing my rating to 1582. As we were finishing Teresa pointed out a small group of gringos seated behind me. As we left, I said, “Welcome to Medellin”.

We checked out a couple shops and in Arturo Calle we got excellent assistance from a saleslady. She put together an ensemble of a suit with shirt and moccasin-style shoes. I decided to wait until we check out the men’s stores in El Tesoro.

About 3pm we walked across the street to Pricesmart.

I was standing outside the cooler for the Hebrew National all beef hotdogs when a man asked if I was trying to decide what I wanted. I told him I already knew what I wanted I was just waiting for my wife to return with the cart. He is originally from Toronto, and recently moved from Envigado to… I didn’t catch where.

We had about a 15-minute wait to catch a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa asked me to turn the TV to a specific channel. There is going to be a fashion show at Plaza Mayor this Tuesday thru Thursday. They had a runway with models exhibiting fashions and we both laughed at the things designers come up with.

I took my usual Zopiclona sleeping pill but this time I took an extra allergy pill (2) trying to improve my sleep before my matches against Jose tomorrow.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment