Monday, July 31, 2023

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, Teresa woke me up about 3:15 with her gentle snoring, I moved to the guest bedroom and quickly fell back asleep, woke up at 5:45, did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 6:30.

Shit. I accepted to try the new Outlook and now I can’t find my folders with all my booking confirmations. After I sent them a review it reverted to the old version. Phew!

I left the apt at 8:15 in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt and it was an 18-minute walk to Sao Paulo. Glenn arrived at Olivenza 10 minutes later while I was working on my first latte. He got back his MRI results and he has a hernia. He already knew about that but apparently now it’s interrupting his digestion. He wonders why his doctor back in the States didn’t recommend surgery. The check came to 73,204 pesos ($18.75). He gave me 30mil for his share (he’s here often and always orders the same thing) and I paid the total bill.

On move 41 against Troyclough I found a forced mate in 2. 😊

I walked back to the apt, happy I was in cool clothing. During this warmer season I’m going to be wearing a lot of shorts and sleeveless t-shirts.

I left the apt at 1:45 and walked to the Rincon Mexicano restaurant next to Smartfit. Nothing going on there. Obviously, I misunderstood the chess tournament announcement:


I’ll have to ask Jose if he can figure out where it is (was).

I walked to La Buena Mesa where I had a latte outside Los Porteños.

When I left, I spoke to the lady outside the new restaurant Bastardo and learned that that really is its name, which in English is Bastard.





Another clue that the name is correct is this hashtag (I think that’s what it’s called) #ImpuroLinaje which translates to “impure lineage”.

I went through another couple of Anna Cramling chess videos.

I watched a couple more episodes of Justified.

Teresa returned at 9:45. More importantly she had 2 dresses and 2 swim coverups she bought in Zara. One of the dresses I believe will be perfect for the wedding and it was only 349,000 pesos ($90). Only problem is it’s got some strings on the back and she didn’t remember how/where they tie together.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment