Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 12:15 and 5:15, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6am.

I gave Teresa a demonstration of the functionality of my new backpack. She was most impressed with the USB external charging port. I loaded it up with my chess stuff (the rollup board just barely fit) to show Jose.

I left the apt just after 7:30 with the chess equipment in my new backpack. I arrived at the mall just before 8am and Jose was waiting for me. We had breakfast in Al Alma, more expensive than Habia Una Vez but at least it’s something different. I had their waffle de pandeyuca with pancetta (bacon), scrambled eggs and a latte for a total of 43,400 pesos ($10.85) including tip. I ate some of it before I remembered to take a photo. 😊

 


I showed Jose the features of my MATEIN backpack, which I see comes with a lifetime warranty.

We went upstairs to the food court and I chose a table, finally, that didn’t get any direct sunlight at least after the first 5 minutes. 😊

I had the Black pieces in the first game and he resigned on the 39th move.

While he made a trip to the restroom, I converted my pants to shorts by unzipping the legs. I think I’ll try to always wear shorts here in the future.

I had the White pieces in the second game (there were 2 young girls briefly making out in the booth opposite us 😊), and I resigned on the 44th move. We always review our games to suggest alternate moves. He left about 2:45 and I went down to Urbania where I had a palito de queso and a latte for 20mil.

Teresa left me a voicemail, something about printing an email for her from her doctor.  I found it and as I was leaving, I got another voicemail something about I should have coffee and she would be joining me. I stopped in a small curio store where I found a couple different type of neck pillows for our flight.

 I stopped in Crepes & Waffles Helado and texted her where I was. Another voicemail, something about bringing her ice cream. I asked if she wanted me to print the email and pick up eggs. She replied, “yes”. I was surprised how quickly they were able to print the email and attachments in Auros right after I forwarded it to their email address. I bought a large carton of eggs and returned to the apt by taxi.

I showed Teresa some updates from the wedding website: There’s going to be a welcome dinner (dressy casual) the night before and a lunch (beach attire) the day after. They gave a better idea of how to dress for the wedding, “summer cocktail attire” and I showed Teresa some dress samples via Google.

So, I like to wait until a TV series has finished it’s run and then I binge watch it. I mentioned I just started watching Justified (8.6), a series that ran from 2010-2015 so that should be safe, right? Well, I just read that FX is bringing the series back with the first 2 episodes tonight.

We haven’t had any rain for almost 2 weeks.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment