Monday, July 10, 2023

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, I got up once at 3pm, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 8:30 and met Glenn with Bianca at Olivenza in Sao Paolo Plaza just before 9am. I told him I should be getting fiber optic internet tomorrow. He told me about a year ago he signed up for it with a young man who later told him it’s not available in his building. I also told him the MetroPlus roadwork is scheduled to be finished in September. I was supposed to be back at the apt by 11am so I left Glenn about 10:30, made a trip to the restroom and walked back to the apt.

Someone posted on Chess Medellin that next Sunday there’s going to be a speed chess tournament at the Medellin league headquarters starting at 2pm.

We left the apt at 11:15 and took a Didi to metro station Exposiciones. We only had a 5-minute wait for a bus to La Ceja. We arrived an hour and 15 minutes later and it was a 5-block walk to Viva La Ceja. It was a small 2-level mall on the order of the original portion of Los Molinos. We were sure we weren’t going to be finding any decent dress stores there. We had lunch at Subway, Teresa getting a 6” chicken teriyaki sandwich and I a Pavo (turkey) gourmet wrap with mozzarella cheese, guacamole, lettuce, crispy onion, bacon, and finally chipotle and ranch sauce.

We walked around the mall and Teresa checked out a couple stores but no luck. Whoever recommended this place, it was a real wild goose chase.

We stopped in a café called Party and ordered a couple lattes. What they brought us looked like café con leches and Teresa immediately rejected them. I concurred as I could see the Nescafe coffee machine they used. We went around the corner where we found a Chipre café and we each had a latte with a small cookie. A band got set up outside in the corridor. I asked the waitress if this was a high school band but she replied it’s the La Ceja symphony. They started playing traditional Colombian music



and I told Teresa for a symphony I expected some Bach or Beethoven. 😉

We hung out until about 4pm, made a last trip to the restroom and took a taxi to the bus terminal. Buses leave every 10 minutes for Medellin. The way back was slower because there was a backup entering the traffic circle by Indiana mall and again the bus never went over 30 miles per hour going downhill on Las Palmas.

We got out at the new bus stop for San Diego mall. (Teresa didn’t remember us being here before and didn’t know the correct way to the mall.) After a trip to the restroom she wanted see a store, Manatu?, to look for a dress but all the stores were closed.

We had supper in Crepes & Waffles,



Teresa had shrimp on a crepe with sides of broccoli and I a waffle with banana and arequipe with ice cream for me.

Outside we walked across the street and soon were on a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado. Teresa remarked how well lit the streets were on our way back to the apt but I’m not usually there at night so she’s probably right.

 

Bumper Stickers



 

No comments:

Post a Comment