Monday, July 17, 2023

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 5:30, worked on my blog, finally went back to bed at 6:15, finally fell back asleep and was awakened by my alarm at 7:30.

I left at 8:30 and walking on the sidewalk across from Otra Parte for the first second I thought I saw a dog walker in the street but it was Matt with 3 dogs and a woman I assume is his wife. Anyway, she didn’t look Colombian. I said, “good morning” and they did the same and I was then past them. I continued on to Sao Paulo mall. Glenn arrived as I was returning from the restroom. His new friend Ned soon arrived with his girlfriend Claudia. He’s from Northern California and she’s from Carmen near Rionegro. (Carmen she told me is the place to go for any type of ceramics.) She spoke very good English. He calls her “his negrita” but instead of being offended she said she likes it. He kidded her about not paying for her and when he left he appeared to forget to pay at all. He soon did an about-face and we saw him give money to a waiter but when our check came he had only paid for himself, not his girlfriend. All she had was a cinnamon roll and orange juice but still.

I made a trip to the restroom. The first stall had no lock, the 2nd stall had no hook for my things. The 3rd stall (like the others) had no toilet paper but there was a sign on the wall of a TP machine by the entrance. Following the directions, I put my hand in front of the machine and it spat out about 6’ of TP.

I finished my business and walked back to the apt.

I opened my backpack and admired all the bells and whistles. Space for my laptop and an iPad if I had one, a charging port (USB-A type for Teresa’s cellphone), room for a notebook and pens, etc.

Teresa left about 2pm and Adriana picked her up to take her back to the arts & crafts expo.

We’re low on milk so I left the apt about 5pm. I noticed the little grocery store was closed. The line was too long at Antonio’s Gelato and all the outside tables were taken at Los Porteños so I had helado de yogurt at Percimon.



I bought 2 bags of milk in Ara and waited in a long line, at least there were 3 cashiers working, before returning to the apt.

I sampled a number of movies and series before finally settling on the series Justified (8.6).

Teresa returned at 5:30. She was happy because she bought a beaded bracelet for 25mil.

I finished reading Joseph Sousa’s The Neighbor on my Nook.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment