Sunday, July 23, 2023

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, got up at 4:30 and took 2 allergy pills, worked some on the computer, returned to bed at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

We were out of milk so Teresa ordered 2 bags of milk and a box of almond milk and a muchacho soon delivered it.

I left the apt at 9am, picked up my Skil power driver and took a Didi to the mall. In Home Center I saw a different girl but she spoke some English too and I explained that I can’t open the chuck. While she checked her computer to see if it was under warranty (it isn’t), a man with a Bosch uniform came in and checked it; it works but can’t be opened. The girl gave me a name and address in Poblado to take it, Fijaciones Orozco, Carrera 50C #10Sur-72 in Guayabal. I found it via Google, it’s a few blocks from the Aquacatala metro station  and they are open 7:30-5pm weekdays and . I printed a few chess notes then went up to Western Union to pay some bills. I showed her my Tigo/Une note of 152,100 pesos and again she said it was 304,200 pesos. I tried to tell her that I pay the same every month, 152,100 pesos, but she insisted I pay 304,200. Sigh!

This is the display I saw in the atrium:

At the main exit to the mall I ran into Jose with Juan Carlos. I accused Jose of getting chess lessons from Juan but he said they’re only meeting for coffee. Uh-huh. He invited me to join him after lunch for chess but I told him Teresa has other plans.

I jumped into the next available taxi and the guy couldn’t start his car. He actually asked the 3 drivers standing around to give him a push start. They did but 100’ later when he had to stop at Ave Las Vegas for traffic his taxi died again. He asked a pedestrian to give him a push. That was enough for me. I got out and walked back to the taxi stand and asked for a car that works. I had the driver drop me off at the little mall a block past Mercado Madrid. In the Servientrega office I easily paid for Direct TV and Tigo/Une. Now I’m caught up on all the bills for the month. I went across the street and had a latte in Cannell reposteria (cake store) for 7,000 pesos. I received an email from Alcala (our realtor) that our apt rent will go up to 2,275,376 on October 30th.

 I left at 11am, bought a package of liquid Fab in Mercado Madrid and returned to our complex. I dropped off the power drill in the garage storage area before returning to the apt.

We left just after noon and took a Didi to Complex Los Balsos. I know, we’ve been there before looking for dresses. This time Teresa found one for 1,200,000 pesos ($301) in AGML. We still haven’t found a dress for the wedding but it’s another one she can wear out for dinner at night. We had chicken sandwiches in Valentina Bakery again with lattes for 95,940 pesos ($24). This is a strange dessert I saw for sale.



A slice of toast with almonds?

We checked out a few more stores but didn’t find anything.

We left at 3:15 and took a Didi to Museo El Castillo (Castle Museum) where Teresa believed a fair was going on.

This is the line in front of us.


I heard a kid say, "stop it" to his brother. :)

I noticed a stall selling Belgium waffles (sweet or salty) but I bought a homemade strawberry cheesecake popsicle and Teresa got a cherry one for 8mil apiece.

Nearby we took a table and enjoyed their live music.



It reminded me a little of Chicago Botanical Garden or Ravinia, both with live music.

We left about 5:30 and returned to the apt by Didi.

I watched another episode of Justified on MTV.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment