Friday, July 14, 2023

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 6:15.

It’s amazing how I get up in the morning and my back feels stiff and a little sore, I sit down at the kitchen table, take a calendula capsule, get up a minute later and my back is fine for the rest of the day. I’ve been taking the Swanson brand since they arrived and they’ve been working as well as the others. I prefer the 400mg twice a day over the 800mg once a day but sometimes one has no choice in the matter.

Opening today (actually yesterday but “shh”) is Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (8.2).

I left the apt at 8:15 and had a café con leche in Parva while waiting for Marcos to arrive at 9:30. About 9am he texted me, “I have to pass today. My head is spinning.” He’s going to see a cardiologist. I said, “it sounds like a blood pressure problem. I would take a small aspirin and see if it improves.”

I studied the openings I used against Jose. At the next table I heard some English from a family of a mother, father, and 3-year-old daughter. I asked where they were from and the mother said, “Singapore” but she’s originally from Idaho and they’re on their way to Curaçao.

On my way back to the apt I bought a package of gala apples in Ara.

I saw Paola in the porteria and she asked me something about getting fiber optic internet in our apt. I replied, “if you can change the cable only in our dining room without having to go on the other side of the wall then let’s go ahead with the installation.”

Later, Paola called Teresa and I understand they will come about 1pm or 1:30. A few minutes later she said they are going to come on Friday. At 1:30 we had lunch and when Teresa went for a nap she said not to let them in if they come. We never heard from them so that’s it!

I watched the movies Missing (7.1) and Predestination (7.4) on MTV.

I lost another game to Troyclough dropping my rating to 1579 and raising his to 1513.

 

Bumper Stickers



 

No comments:

Post a Comment