Sunday, July 9, 2023

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45 (friggin’ dog was still barking), Teresa woke me with her snoring about 2:30, I moved to the other bedroom, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I see the $3137 withdrawal from my USAA account with a date of 7/10/23 so maybe it will be in Laura’s account on Monday.

Well, now Teresa informs me she has to get her eyelashes repaired (they keep falling out) so we’ll go around lunchtime. She’s going to make a couple sandwiches to take with us because she remembers long lines for food.

I left the apt at 9am and had a cafĂ© con leche in Parva. I made plans to meet Glenn tomorrow for breakfast. Teresa arrived about 11am and said her mother is sick and she wants us to go to Wilson’s bar. I told her I need to change clothes first so she walked there, I returned to the apt, dropped off some things, changed clothes, and took a Didi to Bocados Bar in Metrosur.

Wilson and Martha were there and they discussed us going I forget where over the Christmas holiday. I said “fine” just don’t wait until the last minute to make the reservations. We had their chicken breast with a bowl of frijoles and mango juice for 35mil and returned to the apt by Didi.

Teresa and I left again at 3:15 and took a Didi to Plaza Mayor where today is the 2nd day of ExpoArtesano, an arts & crafts fair.




While waiting in line we were joined by her sister Nydia (sp?) from the US and MT. First time I’ve met Nydia. She spoke English so I asked where in the US she is from and she replied Miami, California, and New Jersey. Okay. General admission was 22,500 pesos ($5.50). We soon met up with Juan and Laura and their 2-year-old son, Vickie and her son Samuel (who seems to have grown 2 feet since I last saw him years ago), and Daniela and her daughter Amelia. They wandered through the convention center and I followed them. At one booth I saw these beautiful chess boards with much less impressive chess pieces.



Here is a group photo that Juan took:


We left about 6:15 and returned to Envigado by taxi for 24mil.

Teresa told me Nydia has a hot temper and isn’t nice to people, whatever that means.

After breakfast tomorrow, Teresa wants us to go to La Ceja on our never-ending search for a dress for the wedding. But then she told me she forgot to get my metro card back from Daniela.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy




No comments:

Post a Comment