Sunday, July 2, 2023

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

Troyclough checkmated me on his 32nd move. I was thinking offense when I should have been thinking defense. 😊

I texted Glenn to inform him I wouldn’t be available for breakfast tomorrow because Teresa and I are going searching for a dress in La Ceja or Rionegro. (She can’t remember which town but she’d check with Daniela.)

I left the apt at 8:45 and took a Didi to Daniel’s barbershop. His new barber is his wife. I didn’t catch her name, so next time. He had “happy anniversary” signs up and said this is his 1st anniversary in his shop. He gave me a nose and ear wax treatment for free and a 30% discount card I can use in the future. I was finished in about 30 minutes and took another Didi (same car, same driver 😊) to Todo Drogas where I purchased my medications and supplements for the month for 282mil ($68).

This is what the new mall looks like at this time.



The outside, at least from this side, looks finished.

I walked to the copy center where I bought 5 cash gift envelopes, a correction pen, and had another travel confirmation printed.

I walked to Parva and ordered a café con leche and a glass of ice water. About 10-15 minutes later I figured she forgot about me and tried to signal her and I guess she finally figured it out and sheepishly brought my order and apologized.

I left about 11:15 and bought a head of lettuce in Ara on my way back to the apt.

I just figured out what happened to my notebooks. I keep one next to the bed if I remember something during the night and I’m using the other to keep information about our upcoming trip. 😊

Teresa texted me at 12:40 to tell me she’s still in El Heuco and I should go for lunch without her.

I left at 1:30 and waited about 30 minutes at Asados Rogelio and ended up with a spot at a table for 6 with a family of 3. The father asked me if I’m from Palo de Rosa. It turns out they are in tower 3. He said his daughter speaks English and she immediately froze. I said it appears she’s a little shy. I thought she was only about 16 but she’s studying law at EAFIT university. Her older brother showed up a bit later and he spoke good English.

I had the chicken breast with the usual Colombian sides and a glass of something I forget the name of but is made from canela for 24mil ($6).




I went up the street to Los Porteños where I had a large latte and set up my gym notes for a new section of my notebook. Well, this is the first Pride flag I’ve seen in town.



A young couple sat in the park with a couple dogs that at first I thought were Greyhounds but soon realized are Whippets.



I left about 4pm and returned to the apt.

At 4:30 Teresa sent me a voice mail she’s at her sister Vickie’s house and later they’re going out with Daniela.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Americans.

I’m having problems downloading photos so I’ll have to add them later.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment