Sunday, July 30, 2023

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 3:15, again at 5:15, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 7:30.

Saturday mornings I give myself a good scrubbing but after about 5 minutes I lost the hot water. I tried turning the water off and back on but didn’t get hot water again. I ended up taking a military shower.

I was sitting at the dining room table when Teresa brought me a plate of scrambled eggs and half a bagel. I grabbed the plate to reorient it and burned my fingers. This is the second time she’s left the plate touching the stovetop burners and I’ve burned my fingers. I iced them down right away but the pain still lingered for a while.

I left the apt at 8:40 and arrived at Daniel’s barber shop by Didi 5 minutes early. I got my usual haircut but I had a 30% discount card so I saved a few pesos. I took a Didi to Todo Drogas where I picked up my medications for the month. This is the new mall they’re building across the street.



It looks like the outside is near completion but I can see lots of work remains inside.

I walked 3 blocks away to a tienda naturista where I purchased bottles of Omega 3 and magnesium capsules. I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while I did a little work on our travel notebook and made plans to meet Glenn tomorrow for breakfast.

I returned to the apt about 11am.

We left at noon and took a Didi to El Correo in the Provenza neighborhood of Poblado. I had their baby beef (the small portion) with a baked potato 


and Teresa had their chicken. I think they use the same menu for lunch that they do for supper as the prices are high and the total came to 156,352 pesos ($40).

We walked 6 blocks to the dress store Makeno. When we were there a few weeks ago they told Teresa they would have some new stock at the end of the month. Teresa tried on a few styles and thought she found her dress until I reminded her 1) it’s too formal because it reaches the floor, 2) it would probably take up most of the space in her suitcase, 3) At 2,100,000 pesos (over $500) it should be one we both love. She changed her mind and we walked out. We quickly caught a taxi back to our apt, but on the way she suggested we stop in Oviedo mall.

We didn’t find anything there but at one point we were walking down a corridor when Teresa did an about face because she saw her friend Vicky and didn’t want to get into a long conversation with her.

We stopped at a café but they couldn’t make coffee.

Teresa suggested we got to Santafe mall but on the way she decided it would be too crowded so we returned to the apt by taxi.

About 6pm Teresa got a call and announced she was going out with Vicky (her sister) and Daniela. (The next day I found out there were also Amelia, Adriana and Catalina and they went to Gloria’s for pizza.)

I forgot to mention that The Haunted Mansion (5.1) opened last Thursday.

At 9:28 I was lying on the recliner when I felt a tremor that lasted about 15 seconds.

I went to bed at 9:45 but Teresa will probably be back soon.

 

Bumper Stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment