Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Monday, July 3, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

Today is another holiday, Feast of Saints Peter & Paul.

Teresa informed me that today she wants to go look for the dress in La Ceja or Rionegro but still doesn’t know which.

I added the missing photos to Saturday’s post.

I completed my workout in Smartfit. Because I’m on a new line of my notebook (which happens every 2 weeks) I increased my weights by 5#. Details: 1. I do 2 exercises on the first machine, The Butterfly. I should increase the first exercise by another 5# but that would entail adding 2 5# weights to the back of the machine which is too difficult since I’m already carrying my water bottle and notebook, so I left that one at 90#. 2. No problem lifting an additional 5# on the Seated Leg Curl but again I may be unconsciously letting my left leg do most of the work. 3. I could feel it in my stomach for a while after doing the Abdominal Crunch with 95#. 3. On the treadmill I increased the speed from 4.4 to 4.6 (km/hour?) but still only for 6 minutes. 4. I finally matched the weight I was using 3 years ago on one of my machines, the Shoulder Press. I remember I had a problem with my shoulder back then so I must have been extra careful.

I stopped at a small market on my way back to the apt and bought a container of dish washing solution and a bag of milk.

So, even though I got up relatively early, 6:30, I always wait an hour after breakfast before I start my workout. Then I have a 30-minute cooldown before I take my shower. Anyway, Teresa deemed it too late to leave for La Ceja so we stayed home again.

I had several tabs open on my laptop, including in my USAA account when all of a sudden my computer got funky. It took some time to turn it off then to get an internet connection back. I think what happened is we lost internet at a bad moment.

I called USAA and they helped me set up Laura’s bank account as an external account so I can easily move money into her account.

I left about 2pm and had a large latte in Los PorteƱos while reviewing my notes for our trip. I found this neat tourism map of Athens I hope I can print tomorrow in Auros. I just noticed it might be subject to copyright so they may not print it for me. The restaurant started getting busy about 4pm so I gave up my table and returned to the apt in a very light drizzle.

I finished reading John Jakes’ The Warriors (Kent Family Chronicles volume 6). Next up is the book I picked up last month at Sweet Georgia.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment