Sunday, May 17, 2015

Saturday, May 16th, 2015



I got up once during the night, again at 6am finally getting up at 8:30.

At one point in the morning Teresa called me into the 3rd bedroom where she showed me a scorpion on the floor.  Yikes!  I wasn’t happy to see that.  It was about 4” long but sluggish giving me time to spray it twice with Raid.  Teresa told me to squash it with my foot so I did.  Teresa told me they don’t usually come out during the day.  I’m glad I always put my slippers on before I make my nighttime trips to the bathroom.  Now I’ll start turning on the flashlight each time to make sure one isn’t in my flip flops.


We left the finca at 10:25 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus to El Poblado.  From there we took a taxi to MBE where I picked up my May Chess Life magazine and the hot body cream for Teresa.  I quickly paid the extra 10mil charge because the taxi was outside waiting for me.  We were at the mall across from the “spa” 30 minutes early so we had another juice.  I stayed and read my Nook while Teresa went in for her noon massage.  She came back at 2:05; she told me she got 2 massages in one.  I thought they were all going to be 2 hour massages.

We walked a block to Zona Dos where we had lunch at Pizzeria Olivia for 59,800.  Teresa ordered a salmon salad which came before my order.  She took a bite and said the sliced salmon pieces were hard and the lettuce was old so she sent it back.  They brought my lasagna bolognese with some bread that reminded me of Indian nann.  It was good and I shared a little with Teresa until they brought her salmon entrée with a different naan type bread.  We each had a large glass of mango juice.  They have pizza on their menu and when I inquired as to how many people it was intended for the waitress said 1-2 because they are pretty small.  I might try it for my entrée when we return on Tuesday.  For the first time in Colombia I saw a jar of hot peppers on the table for the pizza. 

The taxi driver took us to the Aquacatala station and Teresa started walking to the other side until I reminded her that this wasn’t El Poblado.  After a 10 minute wait we took a bus to Caldas and got off by her brother James’ store.  I think she wanted to visit with him for awhile but I was glad to see that it was closed because I just wanted to get back to the finca.  Five minutes later we were on another bus.  

On the way up the hill Teresa stopped at Don Carlos’ house and talked to his wife which gave me time to cool down some and take my time getting to the top.  She got a cutting of a couple of different flowers from her.  His golden lab and another smaller dog came out and I gave each of them a small dog biscuit.  

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 6:15, just before dark.  I felt warm but at least I wasn’t sweating like usual and I cooled down pretty quickly.

It rained hard from 6:30 to 6:45.  It rained on and off all evening and Laura called and said it was raining hard in Envigado so she’s going to stay there for the night.

I was very tired so I took my sleeping pills at 9:45 and we went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Let’s get nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment