Saturday, May 9, 2015

Friday, May 8th, 2015



I slept well, despite getting up twice during the night, until the dogs started barking at 6:30am.  Teresa told me she didn’t sleep well last night so she wants to start locking up Luna and Peter in the shed overnight.

I thought we were leaving for nueva eps in Envigado at 10am today but Teresa didn’t seem to be in any hurry; in fact she was making lunch for Laura.  She told me we’ll go on Monday.  Tomorrow we’re going to Los Molinos for haircuts.

My magicJack service was due to expire July 7th and I received an email offer to renew for 1 year for $35 or for 5 years for $99.75.  I called them and renewed for 5 years putting a charge of $99.75 + 7.78 = $107.53 on my debit card.

I checked the US movie releases and I would like to see Maggie (7.9).
Locally, the only movie I want to see is The Cobbler (5.8) playing at 7pm in Santafe CC.  Not the most convenient time.

I watched a documentary I found on Netflix titled Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (7.7).  I’m going to watch it again later with Teresa.  Colombians biggest meal of the day is lunch and they always seem to serve white rice with a large piece of meat.  I hope to get Teresa to serve white rice less often and a smaller portion of meat.

Teresa got a call from the masseuse.  I understand she now has an appointment today at 4pm in El Poblado so we’ll be leaving right after lunch (it’s now 1:15) at 2:30.

We left the finca at 2:35 and were challenged by 2 of the killer dogs although they didn’t enter the path until we had passed.

I thought Teresa had my sunglasses in her purse, but no.  We had to wait 20 minutes in the hot sun for a bus.  We got off at the El Poblado station where Teresa got us on a bus on the way to El Tesoro.  Just a little past Zona Dos CC we got off across the street from a small strip mall.

We walked across the street and were 10 minutes late for her 4pm appointment.  They started at 4:15 and I sat outside reading my Nook book.  At 5:15 the masseuse, Maria Garcia, invited me in so I thought the massage was over.  I noticed she had 5 plaques on the wall dated from 2007 one of which said Body Health so I guess she’s been doing this for awhile.  She charged 200mil (about $85) and she mentioned 5 services.  I’m not sure if Teresa is getting all five or if that’s just what she offers. They finally finished at 6:15 so maybe she’s getting 5 2-hour massages.  I understood her opinion was that Teresa doesn’t need liposuction; something about massages followed by some injections for 500mil.  I believe she may have called a doctor in El Tesoro CC.  Teresa’s next appointment is Monday at 5pm.

We took a taxi to El Tesoro and did some more window shopping.  We went into Bosi and saw the same cute young lady working there with the missing fingers.  We also went into Zara again and Bon Bonite.  We were hungry so we each had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s for 35,400.  We walked around some more and we stopped in a store named Fedco where I was surprised to see GNC vitamins, but not the ones I take for my prostate, and things like my pill container, a tablet splitter and ear plugs.

We finally left as the mall was closing at 9pm.

We took a taxi down to the highway which only cost 6mil because of the lack of traffic at that hour.  We had to wait 30 minutes for a RapidOchoa direct bus.  We got the last two seats although they weren’t together.  For the first time I saw the copilot (I call him that because they both wore white shirts with epaulets with 3 gold bars on them) insert a flash drive and turn on a television so we all could watch a concert followed by a music video.  At one point on the way I saw one of the two express lanes closed off by the bridge being built and two of the three regular lanes closed off because of the roadwork I reported on last Monday.  That's 60% of the roadway not available so it was probably a good thing we didn’t try to return earlier.

At the side road to the finca there was a bright light on the top of the hill that someone shone down on us.  Security?  The killer dogs barked at us as we passed the neighbor’s house.  He also has a bright security light I hadn’t seen before.  We got back at the finca at 10:35.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:30 and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Wake up – Work out – Look hot – Kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment