Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015



I slept well, only getting up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

I found Seinfeld on TV from 10:45 to 11:35 on the Sony channel (208).

Last Sunday I asked Albero about the reason police stop the buses and look at their Cedulas and he said they are only looking for criminals.  This would never work in the US because there is no “probable cause”.

Teresa called Nova Zhen in Los Molinos and made appointments for us with Juan Royas for next Saturday afternoon.

Every month I backup my laptop documents to my PNY flash drive.  First I delete the previous month’s documents and then I copy the new month’s documents.  This month it wouldn’t delete the old documents.  I looked at Properties and it says “Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)” and “Archive”.  

I started deleting files and folders individually and finally narrowed the problem down to a folder I have named “Budgets” that has 2 folders and 5 files all with invalid file names.  Whenever I tried to delete or rename them I got “The file name you specified is not valid or too long.  Specify a different file name.” 

I finally was able to repair all the sectors of my flashdrive which fixed the problem so I was able to do my monthly backup of my document files.

Regarding the “buried highway” article, it indicated it was going south starting at the Conquistadores (sp?) neighborhood.  I checked my map and found it’s by the bull ring on Calle 44 (San Juan).  What I don’t know is how far south it goes.  Since this looks like at least a 4 year project I just hope we can catch our Medellin buses south of where the work is being done because traffic is already horrible.

Teresa tried many times to contact someone by phone for my apointment and finally she reached someone who told her we have to go back to nueva eps in Envigado.

About 5pm we heard a commotion from the terriers.  We looked out and saw a german shepherd peering out of the bushes.  By the time I got my pepper spray he was down the hill with two other smaller but still medium sized dogs.  He attempted to come our way numerous times but the terriers would chase him back down.  

Teresa said she wanted to go up the hill so I changed from my moccasins into gym shoes and the terriers followed us up the hill.  At the neighbor’s house (Guillermo) we walked by the side of his house where there was a barbed wire fence between us and his house.  The killer dogs came out and there was a back and forth battle between them and the terriers – depending on which side had the greater numbers at the moment.  

We ducked under another barbed wire fence and walked a few more yards to the edge of a steep cliff.  The german shepherd and the other two dogs were next to the water tank for another finca.  I was real surprised when Peluche challenged the german shepherd and they chased each other back and forth for a while.  I couldn’t believe Peluche was that aggressive – I would have thought it would have been Tony.

Something bit my ankle – I looked down and all I saw was an ant crawling into my sock.  Teresa told me this piece of property, which has been leveled to accommodate a finca, belongs to Wilson.  

We walked back to the sideroad and up a little further where we took a sidepath to Teresa’s water tank.  She told me it holds 500 liters and serves her finca, Guillermo’s and Wilson’s after it is built.  Then she got bit by something so we walked back down to the finca.

An hour later the 3 dogs were back down the hill but they appeared to be surrounded with the terriers on this side and the killer dogs on the other.  Finally thirty minutes later, as it was getting dark, all was quiet.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Nothing runs like a Deere.

No comments:

Post a Comment