Sunday, May 24, 2015

Saturday, May 23rd, 2015



I got up twice during the night finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa talked to her sister Vicky who invited us to Santa Monica (neighborhood) to play bingo.  She told me we can return the dress another day.  I understand bingo is from 3pm to 5 or 6pm and I had her promise me we will return to the finca tonight and not stay overnight in Vicky’s house.
Laura left at 11:30 for her English lesson.

We left the finca at 12:25 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We may have been helped by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead.  When we got to the bottom of the hill there was a large cement mixer with an attached nozzle to carry cement to the top of the overlooking hill.

After a 5 minute wait we were on a bus to Fredonia.  Traffic was very heavy and the bus took a couple side streets to get ahead of the expressway traffic.  We got off at Aguacatala where we quickly caught a Circular Sur 303 bus to Viva CC.  

We shared a Frischuleta, we each had chicken soup, I had cole slaw, Teresa had a mixed salad and we each had a drink for 38,400.

Teresa stopped downstairs at Nohelia where she picked up a business card so she can call for an appointment.  I understood she wants to have her hair or maybe her nails done tomorrow morning.

About 2:30pm I was surprised my cell phone read 12:35.  I reset it but it still didn’t update.

We took a taxi to the house across the street from Parque Ajedrez and arrived at 2:45.  We paid 24mil for 2 bingo cards and it also included a ziplock bag for each of us with a box of apple juice and a ham pastry inside.
They finally started at 3:25 and we left at 7:30.  There were only 3 games, 30-60 minutes each with long intermissions in between for talking, eating, drinking, and dancing.  Vicky wasn’t there; something about her son Samuel having (field) hockey practice but her husband Albero was the emcee of the evening calling off numbers and cracking a lot of jokes.

We took a taxi to Aguacatala where we caught a Caldas bus.  We got off before the usual Caldas bus stop and walked a couple blocks where we caught a Fredonia bus to the sideroad.

We got past the killer dogs undetected.

Teresa asked me to set the alarm for 7:30am.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Johnny Cash: Man in Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment