Friday, May 15, 2015

Thursday, May 14th, 2015



I got up once during the night and again at 5:30 just after Laura left for school.  At 6am I heard a fireworks test and the dogs having a barking contest so I got up at 6:15 and took my shower.

I woke Teresa at 7:30, we left the finca at 8:15 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a Caldas bus – going in the opposite direction.  Of course it soon doubled back and we got off in downtown Caldas.

We had breakfast at Aymará.  Teresa had hot chocolate and a couple of chicken pastries that reminded me of empanadas.  I ordered the strawberry waffle but when they brought it it had a layer of Nutella under the strawberries and ice cream.  Teresa sent it back and I understood she also said I have diabetes.  We had a good laugh over that.  

I took some pictures of the restaurant/panaderia that I later posted as a review in Trip Advisor.

We bought a loaf of fresh bread called cereales (grain) for 4,800 ($2) and they also have white and integral (whole wheat).  Teresa bought a large loaf of pandequeso (cheese bread) for 2,500.  The rest of the breakfast cost 16,800.

We spent about an hour in Merkepaisa where Teresa bought a lot of vegetables and more ribs.

Walter met us outside and took us to a nursery where Teresa bought a ceramic pot, metal stand, and some mulch for 56mil.

Walter drove us up the hill, I unlocked the gate, and he drove us past the barking killer dogs close to the finca.  I gave him 20mil for the trip and helping carry things down to the finca.

At 5:25 it started raining heavily.  It’s been a few days (a week maybe?) since we’ve had a good rain.  It ended at 6:10pm.

Teresa and I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (7.7).

I took my sleeping pills at 10:20 and went to bed at 10:30.

T-shirt of the day: Change your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment