Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tuesday, May 12th, 2015



I slept through the night, only being awakened by the dogs about 5:30 and 6:30, finally getting up at 8:05am.

It’s a clear sunny day so I’m pretty sure I’ll be dripping by the time I return to the finca.

We left the finca at 11:25 and the killer dogs heard us coming and gave us a hard time from the side of the path.  We had to wait 25 minutes for a bus to Envigado.  On the way I saw that they have started working on the 2nd lane of the bridge.

We were only in Neuva eps for 1 minute and I understood they told Teresa we should come back on Monday.

We had lunch at Carbón de Leña for 23mil.  I had their menu of the day (ghoulash) and Teresa had 2 portions of mazamorra (niblet corn in milk).  I called Alan and left him a message but he didn’t call back so I guess he was busy today.

We stopped at Gana where I added 20mil to my cell phone.  We stopped at Bancolombia and I took out a little cash.  We stopped at Todo Drogas where I bought a package of sleeping pills for 59,900 and a package of 6 2mg Immodium for 11,400.

We took a bus to MBE where I paid 31,900 for May’s rent and picked up 5 envelopes.  2 were monthly deposit notices for my Sears and Zurich pensions, 2 were annual funding notices for my CSC and Sears pensions.  The only important thing was a confirmation from Social Security that I’ve cancelled my withholding.

We were more than an hour early for Teresa’s vein appointment so we walked a block away (closer) to Food Haus where I had a strawberry juice and she had a bottle of water for 6mil.  

We finally left at 3:15 for her 4pm appointment.  We were there at 3:30 and got called in at 4:05.  He told us we made a mistake because her appointment was for tomorrow.  (That’s not what my iPad shows so Teresa must have given me the wrong date.)  He checked her anyway and everything looks good so far.  Her next appointment for vein injections is Friday, June 19th at 3:30pm.

We bought a bottle of water “for the road” and took a bus to the highway in Envigado.  As we were arriving Teresa noticed a TraTam bus just leaving.  She had the taxi driver get next to it and he asked him to stop.  The taxi meter only showed 9,100 pesos but I gave the driver 10mil for his trouble.  We got on the bus and had seats by ourselves in the back.

The bus got past the closed lanes without any trouble but it looks like its part of the new road/bridge construction so it will probably be like that for awhile.

When we got off the bus by the sideroad we can see that they are working on what will probably be one of the roads just below Wilson’s land so if he builds a finca there he will probably have a good view of the highway.  :(

As we walked past the neighbor’s house one of the black killer dogs walked past us coming from the direction of Teresa’s finca.  He wasn’t aggressive at all – probably because he didn’t have the rottweiler with him.  A couple seconds later the german shepherd also walked past us.  I don’t think he’s aggressive with us at all, he just likes to give the terriers a hard time.  We got back to the finca just before 6pm.

I was overheated when I got back but after washing my face and changing clothes I felt much better.

My eyes felt good all day.  I can tell how well I slept the night before by how my eyes feel the following day – normal or very tired & dry.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:15 and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment