Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015



I got up twice during the night and again about 6am finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I forgot to mention that last Sunday Vicky gave us a formal invitation to Samuel’s first communion on Saturday June 6th from 1-4pm in Restaurante Selvao in Copacabana Berrio.  He’s 9 years old; I thought the first communion occurred at 13 or 15 years old.

I received an email that Teresa’s hot body cream is available for pickup at MBE in El Poblado.  We’ll probably wait until the hot belt arrives unless we happen to be conveniently in the area anyway.

Laura came back from school at 1pm.

I was reading an Expat Exchange thread of posts titled Getting Credit in Medellin, Colombia.  The original question and the replies follow:
Chiwito: Does anybody have experience opening credit as a Pensionado Visa holder in Medellin in stores like Exito?
Soystar1: We are considered a credit risk because we could leave the country without paying. No chance.
ColombiaGringo: I figured out the easiest way to get a credit card in Colombia. You have to show 3 months of payments from a company to your bank account. The company has to write a confirmation for work. You can get paid as little as minimum wage to qualify. You must of course have a visa. ***keep in mind Colombian credit cards charge about 40% APR. RIDICULOUS. Just to have a card at Bancolombia will cost you about 100 bucks a year. Monthly rate on credit cards here is 3.1 to 3.3 percent.  Suerte (good luck).
Spank12: My wife has an Exito card, I really see no advantages. They say you get discounts on items, if you use the card. But we just have to pay the card off quickly, so they don't hit you with all the fees. If you get one, watch out, there are a lot of hidden items attached. They like to add all kinds of insurance on the card. We have almost totally stopped going there, too many bad issues and got ripped-off several times. They make Wal-mart look like saints. LOL.
Colombiagringo: Yeah, my wife got the card without the credit card options and it worked out fine with no fees.  Ironically I have a Carulla shopping card and its linked up to the exito shopping card, not a credit card.  Big monopoly.  Big time price fixing! lol James Lindzey www.colombiavisas.com
Bigjailerman: To a risky recurved a credit card you need to show a monthly income as stated before and in addition a document that shows a fingerprint like a drivers license. A Colombian Cedulla has that biometric, ours don't. That is a requirement it appears. I also agree with the other comments above, it's an expensive deal but that isn't your question lol.

I edited the above posts but I couldn’t figure out the meaning of some of the replies.  There are often a lot of unclear posts because of the use of cell phones.

My tired eyes today tell me I didn’t sleep well last night.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:05 and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Vintage parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment