Saturday, May 23, 2015

Friday, May 22nd, 2015



I got up twice during the night before the alarm went off at 4:30.  Teresa asked me to turn it off but she didn’t get up.  5 minutes later I got up, took my shower, had a small bowl of cereal, shaved and we were out the door by 5:45.

We left the finca at 5:55am and after we passed the neighbor’s house and were almost to the top of the hill, the killer dogs came out but they were too late.

We only had to wait 2 minutes for a Fredonia bus but traffic was heavy and we didn’t get to El Poblado until 7:30.  We took a taxi to Torre Medica where I paid 47mil for Teresa’s blood test.

We walked next door to Boulevard Café where we each had scrambled eggs, a chicken pastry and hot chocolate or coffee for 21,500.

After that we walked over to MBE just after they opened.  Thankfully they had my new Citibank ATM card and I wasn’t charged anything for it.  I’ll have to try to withdraw a little cash sometime in the near future to make sure it works.

We took a taxi to Santafe where I took out some cash from the Citibank ATM and Teresa waited in line at BanColombia to get money that her mother sent for Laura for a graduation trip to Cartagena.

We stopped in a pharmacy where I bought another bottle of generic Caladryl for 8,500 and another bottle of HialTears for 25,800.

Teresa found a dress at Zara for 129mil.  We had lunch in their food court: Teresa had fish from Patacon for 21,500 and I had a meatball sandwich from Subway for 11,200.

We took a taxi to Envigado and on the way I noticed a Chicago's Deep Dish Pizza restaurant at Calle 20 Sur #27-55.  At one point where the taxi driver had to make a left turn, where it wasn’t allowed, he made a right hand turn into a building parking lot, drove through the underground parking, and out the other side where he could now go straight ahead, in effect, accomplishing a clover leaf left hand turn.

In Envigado I added 50mil to my cell phone and we bought some things at Exito.

We took a taxi to the highway and after a 5 minute wait we were on a Fredonia bus.  Unfortunately it made a stop in downtown Caldas before continuing on to the finca.  On our way up the hill a car stopped on its way up and Teresa talked to someone named Mario.  I gave him 100mil which I understood was towards the repair of the side road with another equal payment due in June.

I was surprised when we got past the killer dogs undetected.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see are Tomorrowland (7.3), Poltergeist (6.2), The Farewell Party (7.5), and Sunshine Superman (7.5).
Locally, I would like to see Sunshine Superman (7.5) and Mad Max: Fury Road (8.8).

Teresa found something wrong with the dress so she wants to return it tomorrow.  I also forgot to buy floss so maybe we can take care of that also and I’ll try to find the Citibank in Caldas and take a little cash out using my new ATM card.

From 6-8pm I watched more episodes of the Oak Island Money Pit.

I took my sleeping pills at 9:30 and we went to bed at 9:45.

T-shirt of the day: We survive because we can love.

No comments:

Post a Comment