Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Monday, May 18th, 2015



I slept well, getting up once during the night and again at 6am, finally getting up at 8am.

Still no wi-fi.

I made waffles for Teresa and I and I’ll make more when Laura gets up.  Laura finally got up at 11am and we all finished the waffles.  I put a scoop of macadama ice cream with nuts on top of each slice and it was very good; probably a million calories but very good.

I thought we were going to Nueva eps tomorrow morning but Teresa tells me we have to wait until June.

I took a nap from 12:30 to 2:15.  When I got up I found Laura was gone; Teresa told me she went to her Uncle James house in Caldas because she needs to use his wi-fi.

It started raining at 2:40 and five minutes later it was coming down hard.  I checked my Medellin weather chart and May is the 2nd rainiest month (after October) with 7.8 inches of rain.  Teresa unplugged the television.  Once again the roof leaks in a few places, mostly in the kitchen.  It stopped raining hard by 2:54.  10 minutes later it started raining again.  Then it rained harder finally stopping about 3:35.  At 4:30 it started raining again.  It stopped at 5:30 although you could still hear occasional thunder in the distance.

About 5:45 Teresa informed me what I interpreted to be “I’m going to go wash the highway”.  Of course that can’t be what she meant but I said “OK” and I didn’t see her again for some length of time.

Still no wi-fi.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Born to be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment