Saturday, May 2, 2015

Friday, May 1st, 2015



Happy May Day everyone!

Last night I fell asleep quickly only getting up once at 3:50am.  It took me a few minutes to fall back asleep and I finally woke/got up at 8:30am.

From the vegetables we bought yesterday, Teresa made me some hot tea (they call it aromatica) from something that looked like parsley to me.  She said its good for the prostate.

Today I see that the “uneven” charges for the withdrawals I made on Tuesday are now the same.  I think what happened is one of the banks applied the 1% fee by the time I checked back at the finca and the other one just got adjusted.

I checked the new US movie releases and there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Since it’s the first day of a new month, I wanted to backup my documents and pictures, but for some reason when I went to delete the old Documents folder it won’t go away.  I can see that it says Read-Only on my flash drive but after many attempts I haven’t been able to change it.

We left the finca at 11:15 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  I didn’t see any ants on the way.  We were at the highway before Teresa discovered she forgot her sunglasses.  It’s an overcast day and I told her we’re not going to be outside much.

Five minutes later we were on a bus to Envigado. 

I can see that the new soccer field is on the other side of the highway from another soccer field that it might be replacing.  I saw a man on horseback leading 7 other riderless bus saddled horses.  It also looks like the new bridge being built at the south end of town might replace the only road that crosses the highway oftentimes slowing traffic and leading to accidents.

The driver dropped us off right behind Home Center.  I noticed their hours are Monday thru Saturday from 8am to 9pm.  Sundays and holidays from 9am to 8pm.  I took out some cash from their ATM and then we bought a hummingbird feeder, 2 cans of spray paint, a plant (Bromelia), some humus, a soldering iron, and a box of large dog biscuits for 163,600.  I saw a young boy of about 7 years or so in a cub scout uniform.  

In Exito we found that the BanColombia office we were expecting to be open today was closed.  Teresa told me I have until the 5th of the month to pay my health insurance so we’re coming back early tomorrow.

We walked across the street but La Bahia was closed and so was Wilson’s bar and almost all of the stores and restaurants outside that small mall.
We had lunch at Frisby for 42,300 in the Exito food court.

Because of all the things we bought at Home Center (and have to carry back) we only bought 2 packages of arepas in Exito.  We took a taxi to the highway and after 2 buses wouldn’t take us to the fincas we were finally on a Fredonia bus.  I think I’ve figured out that Salinas (sp?) refers to the area with all the fincas.

There weren’t any available seats so we both sat on the hot transmission just behind the driver.  At least we each had a pad to sit on.  Unfortunately the bus made a 5 minute stop in Caldas.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 3:30.
Teresa gave Don Carlos’s son Jamie 50mil – probably for trimming the garden.

Teresa watched a program about euthanasia which I understand is legal in Colombia.  She told me her husband and her son both suffered from cancer – not sure how that ended.  I know if I was in extreme pain I would want a way out.

With the 39th pick in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected Eddie Goldman, defensive tackle from Florida State.

I ordered a Hot Belt and some fat reducing cream from Amazon for Teresa.  The cost was $29.47 but I was able to use a gift card so I didn’t have to pay anything.

With the 71st pick in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected Hroniss Grasu, center from Oregon.

I watched another episode of Oak Island Money Pit on History channel.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and we went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Oh Friday let me hug you.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment