Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunday, May 10th, 2015



Happy Mothers Day!

The only time I’m sure I slept was from 8:30 to 10:30 in the morning.  For breakfast I had some granola with milk and a plate of sliced papaya.  I understood they wanted to go to mass at noon but we were there by 11:15 and it was already in progress.  By 12:10 mass ended but then they had a raffle that lasted longer than the mass.  Vicky won a serving plate with a bottle of perfume and we left at 1:20pm.

They drove us to Vicky’s or Albero’s grandmother’s house across from Parque Ajedrez where they wished her a Happy Mothers Day and then they dropped us off at Los Molinos.  Teresa exchanged her dress for a blouse and then we wanted to have lunch but there were just too many people in the food court.  

We went up a level where we ordered large strawberry smoothies at a Sheika kiosk for 12,800.  Teresa walked over to the Cinnabon store but came back and reported it has nothing but sweets.  Really?  I went back and ordered a Classic Cinnabon for 6,100.  I think it’s the first one I had in Colombia but Teresa only had a few bites.

We splurged and took a taxi to Aguacatala instead of taking a bus but I was still surprised that it cost 10mil.  It was worth it because we didn’t have to wait for a direct bus to the finca.  We got past the killer dogs undetected and at 4pm as soon as I got back I stripped off my sweat covered clothes that I’d also been wearing for 2 days now.

I have a little lower back pain but I’m hoping it will go away overnight.  Not sure if it’s from Vicky’s uncomfortable bed or from an unusual couch I was sitting on in Los Molinos.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Sunday cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment