Monday, May 11, 2015

A recent email from the auther of Medellin Living

Hi,

I know, it’s the long-awaited dating email.

Yes, it’s a very important topic…

Yes, you’ll want to know everything before you take the plunge here. But first, let’s talk about friends…

More than finding your soulmate, the very first thing you’ll want to do upon arriving in Medellín, is make a few friends.

This is important :)

And it’s far easier than you think, for a couple reasons.
First, the truth is, expat communities across the globe tend to be tight-knit groups who stick together and play together. There are fewer of us, so we tend to look out for one another.

Showing support and helping out come naturally to us humans when we have something in common, even if it’s just a language or a continent!

I can think of more than one story where a newbie traveler got focused on chasing love, right off the plane.
When that goes sour, who are you going to reach out to for moral support?

Yes, friends, first, my friend…

Only then, maybe you’ll have a few friends to go dancing with, in a discoteca.

Just beware: that things may proceed differently than you anticipate.

I published a wonderful guest post on this topic, right here.

Another great option is to check out Couchsurfing…

I have extensive experience with this community in Medellín and you can read all about it on my blog here.

Colombia is a different country, with a society that doesn’t operate like any other. 

Be prepared to experience a little culture shock!

Remember: I've devoted entire chapters to sharing invaluable tips throughout my eBook on topics like:

  • Nightlife
  • Restaurants
  • Museums
  • Popular Parks and Plazas
  • And of course, “Where to Go for Maximum Fun”
Get the eBook right now, it’s 138 pages packed with my entire team’s expertise, on the ground!

All the best,

Dave

PS: While many find the dating process to feel “old-fashioned,” or different, there are a few things you’ll certainly want to watch out for. 
Speaking of that, I just remembered a strange story about a guy who took a woman he’d just met out for sushi...and her odd request, at the end of the meal...
Well, I’ll save that story for my next email.


No comments:

Post a Comment