Saturday, August 14, 2021

Friday, August 13, 2021

Recovery Day #46!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1am, watched some Game of Thrones, changed my AD, and returned to bed at 1:45am.  I fell asleep quickly, waking/getting up at 6:15. I ran to the bathroom so as to empty my bladder in the toilet instead of my AD and returned to bed. I finally woke/got up at 7:45.

The streets are wet again so obviously we received some rain overnight.

One of my blog readers quoted Bette Davis, “Getting old ain’t no place for sissies!”

Another blog reader thinks I have a problem with the flow switch on my hot water heater and suggested I run the hot water in a bathroom sink while taking my shower. I decided to try that one of these days when Teresa isn’t here so I don’t have to explain to her or have to deal with her turning off the hot water.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I withdrew some pesos from an ATM then paid the Direct TV, wifi, and utility bills outside at the Baloto stand (no line). I bought a jar of Vaseline at the CaFam pharmacy (no line) for 3,800 pesos. Inside the mall I found the tab dividers I was looking for in this Dollar City the other day and bought another package. I paid for our cellphone bills in Claro (no line) then went to the Adidas store (no line). Jimmy is looking for some shoes called Yeezy that he can’t find in the States (too popular) so he’s looking here. The salesman recognized the photo right away and told me we can find them in the El Tesoro Adidas store.

Todo Fresa was quite busy so I had a café con leche in Santa Leña.

Jimmy asked me to bring him some Tums.

Nobraskja texted me that they have a package to be delivered – the cost – 120,400 pesos. I told her I would leave the cash with the portero by 1pm.

When I left I stopped at the tienda naturista and inquired if they have CoQ10 – they don’t.

I returned to the apt via taxi.

I put 4 Tums in an extra pill case I have.

At 12:15 the portero called because Envios Market was here with my package. I went down at retrieved it and it was all my vitamin supplements: Joint Support and Calendula Flower capsules.

Teresa and I left the apt at 1pm and walked to Otra Parte where Jim was waiting for us. We had a nice leisurely lunch and Jimmy and Teresa got caught up a bit. (When you first sit down the waiter brings you a paper bag to put your facemask in. Later they give you silverware and a napkin in another paper bag. When we were getting ready to pay the bill the waiter started picking up the paper bags and threw them in a nearby garbage can. Then I realized I didn’t have a facemask because he just threw it away. I thought I had a backup in my tech bag but I didn’t. The waiter brought me a new mask and I tipped him an extra 10mil.

Teresa returned to the apt and Jim and I walked to Parva for coffee. There were a couple of business details I wanted to share with him. When he left I walked him over to Calle la Buena Mesa where he got into a taxi that was waiting for the red light to change.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1564.

Teresa and I left the apt at 5am for her 6/6:30 medical appointment. We walked to Ave Poblado where we caught a bus after a 5-10 minute wait. We were soon crawling in the construction backup. We arrived at Cedimed at 5:55. I charged 195,600 to my debit card for her mammography and ecography. She went in for her procedure and I went next door to Il Cappucino where I had a café con leche while waiting. I didn’t really want the coffee it was just an excuse to be able to remove my face mask.

Jimmy texted me he’s having some indigestion problem – probably from drinking Mexico’s water. I texted him with the contact info for a GP – Dr. Luz Naranjo but it turned out she’s out of town til Wednesday. I gave him the location nearby of a pharmacy where I recall a pharmacist spoke English. He went there and I think he gave him something like Imodium so hopefully that will work.

Thirty minutes later Teresa came out and informed me that the doctor miswrote her order and she only got an ecography and still needs a mammography. Back in the office they backed out my 195,600 charge and applied a new charge of 78,500. I understand she has a new appointment for next Tuesday at 4pm.

We went across Ave Poblado to Crepes & Waffles for supper. It soon starting raining a bit. While enjoying our food we observed a cockroach crawling by which a waiter soon stomped on. By the time we left it had stopped raining and we quickly caught a taxi for a slow trip back to the apt.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 124,234 ð 125,894 ð 128,537 new cases and 552 ð 616 ð 650 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 5,368 ð 4,272 ð 4,027 new cases with 185 ð 144 ð 124 deaths.  Medellin has 566 ð 275 ð 350 new cases from August 12th to 13th.  Envigado has 24 ð 18 ð 18 new cases from August 12th to 13th.

Joke of the day

Probably the worst thing you can hear when you’re wearing a bikini is “Good for you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment