Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Monday, August 16, 2021

Today is a holiday here – The Assumption of Mary.

Recovery Day #49!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15am, changed my AD, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 3am. I got up again at 6:15, changed my AD and returned to bed, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I was going to go to Parque Envigado for a couple things but luckily in time I remembered that today is a holiday and I can’t trust the stores I need to be open.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall. (Ciclovia was going on because of the holiday.)

I first stopped at Auros and printed a .pdf form for my son. (Yesterday he Whatsapp’d me a Passenger Disclosure and Attestation to the United States of America form he will need for his flight.) I printed two copies, an extra if he screws up badly, or I’ll keep it for my brother when he visits. I also have the electronic copy on my USB drive. I had coffee in Todo Fresa before returning to the apt by taxi.

Jim arrived at 1pm and Teresa made ribs and frijoles. After we watched the most recent episode of Alone (8.4).

Jim left about 3:30 and the rain started at 4:30. Tomorrow he is going to try to get his covid test. There is a Drive-In Covid-19 tent set up on Avenid Poblado across from San Fernando Plaza but it was closed Saturday, Sunday, and today the holiday. As a last resort he can get tested at the airport.

Teresa and I watched a new movie on Netflix named Beckett (5.6). Interestingly, we watched the move with Spanish audio and English subtitles. Interesting how many people in Greece spoke Spanish and understood English.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 129,705 ð 130,808 ð 141,365 new cases and 655 ð 662 ð 704 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,007 ð 3,132 ð 3,161  new cases with  135 ð 103 ð 121 deaths.  Medellin has 386 ð 368 ð 382 new cases from August 15th to 16th. Envigado has 12 ð 22 ð 22 new cases from August 15th to 16th.

Joke of the day

When a man says he will do something, he does it. No need to remind him every six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment