Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Recovery Day #48!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2am, changed my AD, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 3am. I got up again at 6am, changed my AD and returned to bed. At 7am I got up, took my shower and changed into a new AD but set the old one aside inside out to dry out. (I’d only warn it for an hour after all).

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station across from Otra Parte. We quickly caught a taxi to Poblado; at least this early on Sunday there wasn’t any construction traffic. We got out just past Calle 10 and walked the 5 blocks to Ganso & Castor. Steve was already there waiting for us and we had our choice of tables without any problem. As usual first Glenn and I shared an almond croissant with our coffee. He then had eggs and bacon and I had the Greek yogurt with fruit and granola. I learned from them that when I order from Amazon I should first set my address to my Colombian address as there is no extra charge for deliver. If it says they can’t deliver this item to my address than I can change it to my Florida address to use my ship forwarding company, Envios Market.

My son texted me he was up but by the time he showered and dressed we would already be gone. We agreed to have lunch in Sport Wings in Viva Envigado. We’re going to meet at the main entrance at 2pm.

Glenn and I returned to Envigado by taxi. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. First, I made a trip to the restroom to try to pee a little. I went up to the banking area where I found a (loud) exercise class in progress. (I had forgotten to add an additional 90mil for Teresa’s Smartfit annual maintenance fee.) Looking at my usual monthly piece of paper I deposited 70mil into Laura’s account. It was a little later when I realized I shorted it by 20mil.

I stopped in Exito where I bought milk, oatmeal and a package of hamburger buns.

As I stepped into a taxi I noticed a bill on the floor. I picked it up and it was 20mil probably dropped by the previous passenger, but I gave it to the taxi driver. I was back at the apt by 11:30. I changed into the AD I had worn earlier for only an hour. I put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises then updated my blog notes.

I changed my AD, left the apt at 1:45 and walked to the mall where I found Jim waiting for me outside. First, we went upstairs where I added 20mil to Laura’s account to complete Teresa’s Smartfit maintenance fee.

We quickly got seated in Sport Wings surrounded by TVs playing soccer games. He had their chicken nuggets with a Coke and I had their BBQ chicken wings and a Coke. Both orders came with fries. Jim told me he saw the movie Honest Thief starring Liam Neeson last night in Oviedo. He said it was pretty good so when we left the restaurant we stopped in Cine Colombia and while they had the same movie it was only dubbed in Spanish. We walked around the mall a bit and at one point he stopped in a store and priced a few pairs of Air Jordans at 979,000 pesos.

We shared a taxi and I got out at my apt and he continued on to his hotel.

I told Teresa about the movie and showed her the trailer and she wants to see it. I looked online and confirmed its at Oviedo at 8:15. I told her I couldn’t guarantee there would be tickets available, wouldn’t be the first time, but we decided to leave here at 7pm and we’ll give it a shot.

At 5pm the lightning storm started. At 5:45 the rain started and soon it was a downpour. I unplugged the TV and my laptop. Obviously, we didn’t make it to the movie theater.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 128,537 ð 129,705 ð 130,808 new cases and 650 ð 655 ð 662 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,027 ð 4,007 ð 3,132 (the lowest number of daily cases since March 8, 2021) new cases with  124 ð 135 ð 103 deaths.  Medellin has 350 ð 386 ð 368 new cases from August 14th to 15th. Envigado has 18 ð 12 ð 22 new cases from August 14th to 15th.

Joke of the day

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment