Thursday, August 26, 2021

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Recovery Day #58!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:45, changed my AD, returned to bed with a slight headache, woke/got up at 6:30, took an Excedrin, returned to bed, finally getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I had some chess notes printed then had breakfast at Habia Una Vez. I recycled a plastic pill bottle, made a withdrawal from an ATM then had coffee at Todo Fresa. I stopped in Exito and picked up fruits and vegetables that Teresa requested then returned to the apt by taxi.

Not surprisingly, Teresa spent most of the day in and out of bed and burping up the anesthetic. I watched Red Dawn, both the 1984 version and the 2012 version.

Teresa is frustrating me with her medications. She only has three: one she takes every 24 hours, another once a day (lol) and the third every 8 hours. I wrote down on a piece of paper to take the first at 7am, the 2nd at 7pm, and the 3rd first thing in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and last thing at night. She even wrote it on the boxes themselves and she can’t keep it straight. And at 8:30 she asked me if she took her 7pm medication. I remember us talking about it just before 7pm and I can’t believe she forgot already. I checked the box and there were 2 missing from the clamshell packaging so that would be one last night and one tonight so she’s good.

Tomorrow she has an 11am doctor’s appointment and I have a 2pm appointment in the same building where I should be able to pick up my PSA test results. I hope we can fit lunch in between the two.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 151,227 ð 151,441 ð 152,341 new cases and 1,007 ð 1,116 ð 1,165 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,965 ð 2,467 ð 2,448 new cases with 98 ð 73 ð 86 new deaths.  Medellin has  367 ð 314 ð 371 new cases from August 24th to 25th. Envigado has 22 ð 12 ð 13 new cases from August 24th to 25th.

T-shirt of the day

Never stop exploring.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to get caught up on the blog. I hope T. appreciates all you do for her. You are a rare commodity ---a good husband.

    ReplyDelete